HeliControl

Moved

Total Downloads: 35,358 - First Release: Sep 18, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 74 likes

1. Hi can u post your Full config from oxide/config path?

2. Hey, Just trying to add so VIP+ can call heli, I have oxide.grant group vip+ helicontrol.callheliself - Is the command they use /callheli ? I have added the perm for VIP+ group but it still says no permission.. Thanks :)

3. can anyone tell me if extinguish napalm flames does the following 1. put out the fires from the rockets that the heli fired at you 2. put out the fire from the crashed heli 3. put out the fires from the destroyed APC? thanks for your help

4. It has to be your json file. Check it with mine. Mine works fine. For all permissions!

Attached Files:

5. Hi guys and thanks for trying to help! The odd thing here is that I do have default config with no changes. Removed and reinstalled the plugin (+cfg and data files) from scratch, no change. Worth noting as well is the fact that heli.call command from console works the same way - heli is spawned and immediately destroyed (no matter if HeliControl is loaded or not while using default command).

In another thread someone had same issue ( Solved - Spawning / calling chopper? | Page 4 | Oxide ) but unfortunately no solution was presented. I am suspecting there is another plugin that is causing this issue. I will start disabling plugins one by one to see if this is the case.

UPDATE: Found out the reason eventually! I am using the Arena plugin and it has disable heli (server wide) as a setting in config. Just guess if I had that set to true. Everything working now!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2017
  6. Yes, but they probably have to use /callheli TheirOwnName rather than just /callheli.

If you're referring to /killnapalm, it destroys all fire balls that of napalm type. That includes the ones from rockets, crashed helis and APCs. If you are referring to the config option "Misc - Water required to extinguish napalm flames", this controls the water required to extinguish napalm from all the same types mentioned above.

7. thank you this is what i wanted /killnapalm, it destroys all fire balls that of napalm type. That includes the ones from rockets, crashed helis and APCs.

8. I have defined four custom spawn points for the heli. I would expect the helis to only spawn on those four spots but for some reason they keep spawning anywhere else but those four (when running command /callheli playername). cfg & spawn files attached just in case someone would spot something I have missed. I'm starting to wonder if it is another plugin affecting this behaviour (again ;-)

Attached Files:

9. Your settings are all fine, this is intended behavior. The helicopter, as it stands now, will only use those custom spawns if it spawns naturally or if it's spawned using the default Rust commands, not any of this plugin's commands. There should probably be a config option to control this behaviour, but for now, this is how it works.

10. There a way to have it so it doesn't use this plugins loot table?

11. Thanks for the reply, I have tried granting helicontrol.callheliself to group VIP+ and also have tried giving the permission to a user, But it still comes up with no perms when they try either /callheli or /callheli theirname... Its probably something simple that ive done wrong but I cant find it :/

12. I think there may still be an issue that disallows usage without having a cooldown or limit permission. Try setting one of the limit entries in the config to whatever you want, and then granting it to a player or that group, like so:
    Code:
    oxide.grant group GroupName helicontrol.limit.0

13. there is an exploit to use the heli to raid basically another base with its rockets and a tc, is there a fix to prevent this?

14. In what way is it an exploit? Last I remember, helicopters strafing players who have tool cupboard access is the intended behavior.

15. oh! That was something I didn't realize. I will try to solve my issue by using the default commands then. Should be possible. Thank you Shady :)

16. by a raiding party aggroing the heli to blow up a base they are raiding using the heli's rockets.

17. I have had players entice the Chopper to attack them while they are near someones base. I have seen them use the base for cover while the chopper Blows it apart while the other guys wait and hide. The player/players can use the Chopper to destroy anyone's base. I don't know how to fix that part for you. There is no setting unless Shady has some Ideas! I use mods to protect all my buildings that have cupboards. You can't have it both ways I have found out. The arsehole players have always used the Chopper to gain access to homes. Another Reason for this is Because it does not leave a Fingerprint! By this I mean. The ADMIN will never know who did the destruction!!!!!! Therefore. The player is Never Caught!!!! Sorry Dude! Unless Shady has any ideas. We are stuck for now....lolololololo....go with the Flowwwwwww...... Is this what you meant by: "EXPLOIT"???

18. ok thanks!

19. Sorry. I also should have mentioned that if you have given anyone permission to call the CHOPPER. Then make sure you do not allow them to have access to /strafe. With /strafe that player can call a Chopper Air Strike on anyplayer anywhere on the map. Even if he never left his house!!!!! That Player would still be attacked.This is a scenario that happened on mine. If your person with this Permission Knows the Name of an Enemy Player. Than he can call helicopter with /callheli. And then have it attack the base where he is and his Clan or Group. eg: would be.../strafe TheEye. And it would hunt me down and attack me. Even if I was in a Cave! It would still shoot rockets at the ground above me. But eventually going away after it had no interactions with me. This should cut down and prevent a good number of Raids using Choppers to Destroy. I know you probably already knew this stuff. But I thought I would pass on this info to you in case you did not. I hope this helps you in your next config and server setup.

20. Thanks for that, no one had any of the permissions, but since the server is smaller pop they could afford to wait and aggro to a base. Thanks for your help it has helped alot!