Gyrocopter

Allows players to fly there very own scrap build gyrocopter ingame

Total Downloads: 5,181 - First Release: Jun 22, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 26, 2018

5/5, 44 likes
  1. Yes, I need to add a option for the builder to use /copter.destroy so they can remove any unwanted copters they build.
    Plus currently they do not take any damage, only the players flying them. I will be adding a health system for the copter so they can be blown up

2. Awesome update!

3. Can we expect a custom recipe requirement in a config for this in the future? for example in order to use /copterbuild you could define 1000 scrap & 10 gears as a requirement to spawn?

4. Cool idea

5. Well I was thinking this would encourage more people to actually use the plugin because I wouldn't want people to get an advantage on a server for example landing on base roofs for free but if you have some sort of cost element to it then more servers would be inclined to use it on populated servers. I know I would.

6. it's cool thank you

7. hi, is it possible to add a console command for spawn a copter to a location as example:
    copterspawn X Y Z

8. Yes ill add build requirements as well :) with option in config to use it or not.

Yes, that is a good idea. I do have a external hook other plugins can use to spawn copter at specific location, Ill update the overview page with info on that. . And a console is a nice idea too :) ill add that in.

9. / copterland
    не работает, команда не существует

figured out, you need to spin the wheel. at / copterhelp old information

10. Is the lock meant to keep yourself from accessing it too ? It locks and I cant access. Not a build deal really cause I know the code.

Also, after typing /copterlockpaint Signs become unlockable and cant obviously paint on them. This update is pretty cool though.

11. Yes, the lock does have to in the unlocked state before copter can be flown by anyone. I will add options later to only allow builder owner to set code, and maybe option if battery level drains to 0, it will clear the lock code allowing anyone else to change it once it recharges.

And the /copterlockpaint does just that, it will lock the paintjob perm for now. .
    I have a update that will add a unlock paint for the Builder / Owner of copter.

Plus a small stash will be placed on it to store supplies.

12. ok, just wanted to make sure that was the intended state of the commands and stuff. :) Thanks.

13. Temp new Language file if anybody wants it:
    Code:
    {
      "helptext1": "Type /copterbuild to spawn a Gyrocopter.",
      "helptext2": "Spin the spinner wheel to activate flight mode.. Spin the wheel again to begin landing.",
      "helptext3": "Copters can be charged by hovering over any sub-station.",
      "helptext4": "The code lock will prevent anybody from using the copter when locked.",
      "helptext5": "Signs can also be painted then locked with /copterlockpaint.",
      "helptext6": "To redeem a cool Gyrocopter Tshirt type /copterswag",
      "notauthorized": "You don't have permission to do that !!",
      "tellabouthelp": "Type /copterhelp to see a list of commands !!",
      "landingcopter": "Gryocopter Landing Sequence started !!",
      "cooldown": "",
      "notflyingcopter": ""
    }

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The default is on the Overview.

15. @Wulf Thanks but that doesn't reflect the current state of the plugin since the update. No more bombs, cooldowns with new added commands also.

16. @Colon Blow ,

is there a way to stop it from being destroyed when building by it ? keeps doing that to me.

17. There have been many failures, such as: the use of the password lock will cause all the aircraft can not take off the turntable can only draw, the aircraft produced by the administrator to the players are all using a common fuel bar, unlimited fuel rights can not be used, and easy card terrain.

18. Yes, a oversite on my part, I forget about the help text correction, Ill have that added on next update.

working on that as well. :)

The actual fuel quantity is attached to copter, so anyone who jumps in should get whatever the Copter has currently shown.
    But the unlimited I will have to adjust if its not allowing that player to not consume fuel when piloting.
    As for locks.. you say once one is locked, all copters cannot be accessed? ill have to fix that :(

19. is there a command that can be used in the GUIShop?

20. Does noone else have the problem where /copterbuild will spawn the copter RIGHT on top of them... making it glitchy and spastic, can't click mount, have to noclip out of it...

would be nice if the copter could spawn where you're pointing at, or like a couple feet infront of you...

EDIT: So I edited it a little, and put in a snippet from CarCommanderLite...

Code:
    RaycastHit hit;
                if (Physics.SphereCast(player.eyes.position, 0.1f, Quaternion.Euler(player.serverInput.current.aimAngles) * Vector3.forward, out hit, 20f))
                    location = hit.point;

And now the copter spawns a little in front of you... so now I can actually look at the chair, and try to mount it... but it won't let me?? the chairs in the back can be mounted fine, but the front one just won't do anything... ???

any help?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2017