Gyrocopter

Allows players to fly there very own scrap build gyrocopter ingame

Total Downloads: 5,183 - First Release: Jun 22, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 26, 2018

5/5, 44 likes
  1. [​IMG]

When fuel ends the copter don't fall to ground with spectatular crash. Just fly in place. Can you change that?

2. Lots of bugs in this plugin after the update. The players get stuck all the time and i need to reload the plugin every time it happens. It was working great before the update tho. Thx

3. used Arena Wall Generator
    [DOUBLEPOST=1512930675][/DOUBLEPOST]actually what about adding the use of oil as fuel u have to load oil and it runs the copter if it runs out it crashes in a ball of flames

4. Just click SPACE to get out.

5. Nothing happens by clicking Space. But i reinstalled it now maybe it helps.

6. has the wall glitch been corrected yet? thanks!

7. NOPE! not yet
    [DOUBLEPOST=1512956416][/DOUBLEPOST]so i spun the rear seats to face behind the copter then added a chest between the chairs and a spotlight infront of the chairs for the rear passengers to use at night to spot things and added a lantern behind the drivers head on the barrel so he can see. tried to add a search light in front of the copter but it doesnt turn with the copter it stays what ever way it was facing when spawned wish there was a way to fix that

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
  8. I deleted everything related to the mod - the cs, json including language file, reloaded and appears to be working . still testing but so far so good

9. I just downloaded the mod for my server, and everything is working fine for us. When are the bombs/netting being added back in? I see it in the config file, and I REALLY want to be able to play with that :(

10. How did u do that ?

11. Magic :D

12. Bombs will be back for sure.

Im out for a day or so. Then i finish the wall glitch update and release it.

13. changed some of the source code to meet my needs
    [DOUBLEPOST=1513007478][/DOUBLEPOST]maybe colon will add search lights its useful i know he has plans of adding a chest

Attached Files:

14. Thank you very much.

15. okaj thats cool :D can u share your json? :D

16. its not the .json its the .cs file but sure

17. Loving this plugin, Thank you very much! My main concern is that the Gyro is indestructible. I like having this as a toy in game and theres not too much exploit with it except that it wont go boom! :) Also, a member has been reporting that if he is killed in it, he instantly teleports back into the seat. Not sure if this is something on my end I can fix? I do run NTeleportation and WarpsGui.

Lastly, any chance of a permission for members to ride the Gyro, even if they don't have perms to fly? I know, I ask a lot :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
  18. Fixes and updates in the works!!
    1. Adding perms to be a passenger sounds good :) plus config option to use them or not.
    2. the re spawning in seat after death is something ill have to re fix.. i forgot about that when fixing other things :(
    3. of course better collision detection so copters can't sneak thru walls when going fast.. lol
    4. adding a health of sorts to copter in coming soon. should have a on screen indicator of health. so you know when it will go boom.
    5. i'll have to add more of a delay when player lands/exits or hits spinner to land. that way it will have time to "think" and hopefully fix alot of the weird timing glitches. i test this on a private server, so lag in non existent.. a little server lag causes alot of confusion sometimes with alot of moving parts that are not designed to move like that.. LOL.. ill need to compensate for it slightly and hope that helps alot.
    6. Fuel system, i do like the idea of a oil/LGF type of fuel system as well. Maybe a upgrade or alternate version? I just like the idea of using the existing power grid for something other than looking at.. lol.
    7. storage...box or something to haul your goods :)
    8. bombs.. alot of you guys want the bombs back. they will be. you will need to go get one like before when reloading, and it will attach to bottom.. lol then you can blow someone up.
    9. Basic persistence is working fine in my testing. test server restarts and reloading plugin saves current copters at there location. Just have to wait a little longer so i can add other features to save, like painted sign peristance, loot persistence and what not. Lots of crazy things come up.

But for now i hope everyone can have a little fun with the copter... thats what it was made for :)

19. I only have one issue with the mod. Last night/this morning, my players were saying that when they used the SPACEBAR to ascend higher, they were being thrown out of their copters, then the copter would proceed to fly off in the distance. Is there a way to fix this?

20. yes we have sometimes the same issue, but this happend very rary sometimes i tested it so much and think it have to do with the server lag, if i fly forward and up(spacebar) at the same Time sometimes after a little server lag Pilot jumps from chair and fall on the ground and copter fly away thats our experience