1. Just playing around. made a simple gyrocopter.
    seems to work ok.. I think I need a tail rotor. maybe some swords spinning around to chop heads off? lol

2. Nice, very interesting

3. Freaken Awesome!
    Some ideas:
    could add a fuel requirement, and if it runs out, what goes up must come down hahaha
    could add a high cost of materials in order to craft
    could add health/hp, and allow it to get shot down hahaha

4. [​IMG]

5. Here is a quick bomb test.. lol

I do like the idea of fuel. it can have a limited range. the faster you go, the more you use.
    and then down she goes... lol

maybe a rod sticking out of the barrel to show fuel level. it could go down into the barrel when the fuel gets lower.. visual fuel gauge. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2017
  6. Colon you're featured on the latest Rust Community Update! ----> Rust - community-update-139

Hope its okay I hyped you, (I dont care about internet/reddit points, Im new to reddit),
    Im trying to spread Oxide and get more Rust plugin developers,
    and also Im trying to influence development of Rust :D

7. oh shit, did not know that.. lol cool thanks.

8. Lmao this is awesome.

9. Still working on it :)
    So far this is what I have working:

- typing /copter puts player in noclip (if not already) and then copter attaches to player. it then goes up about 10 ft.
    - copter has a 10ft ground proximity. no lower, it will force player to the 10ft.
    - typing /landcopter will lower copter to ground and remove copter, then removing player from noclip.
    - copter currently uses a Battery system that does have limited charge (limits range) with onscreen indicator of remaining charge. (because this is rust. and combining high voltage electricity and barrels loaded with fuel and fire are always a good thing)
    - the faster you move, the more battery drains. noclipping and using sprint will drain it fast.
    - copter can be recharged by getting close to any substation around the map, then it will start to charge if you stay still and show indicator. (dangerous as they are normally close to rad towns)
    - running out of charge while flying will result in rotor stopping and copter going to ground and blowing up.
    - pilot can use /dropnet to drop / raise a long cargo netting to ground (from 10ft limit) to allow players to climb up and give player stuff.
    - pilot can use /dropbomb to drop one of two barrel bombs on the back of copter.
    - pilot can use /reloadcopter to reload one barrel bomb, if player is within 10ft of a Red Rad Barrel. can be used to reload both.

Only limitation now is player has to be able to use noclip. Moving a player without this seems make antihack very mad and even turning it off tends to be not near as smooth. (for now, testing some new player movement coding soon).
    And players cannot just hang on netting right now. they will fall off if copter moves away.

anyone have any ideas? suggestions?

10. if you can set that place where player sit fly then player its not fly itself and antihack not mad.mayby copter not need attached to player then?
    then you can jump out and walk and fly more later or another player can fly.its only 1 questions if some item fly its bossible to move also players with that item?
    if that not bossible then plugins its only admin use.or plugins give noclip and permission only that time when player use copter

11. Yes, I am working on getting a "world object" for the gyrocopter that is static. Players can go up to it and activate the copter. Then it will attach to player (or player to it in spectate mode, might be reworking a lot of stuff. not sure yet) so player can fly it around, then when they land, it will despawn off player and appear again on ground so other players can interact with again.

but I think having a copter on the ground players can fight over to fly, would be a cool idea.

12. nice work:) after you get copter works you can make car also.if you dont release your plugins here i want to buy that you when its fully working:)

13. I will be a public release I'm sure. I am close to a release version. Still got to add configuration options and lang stuff. but I think I have the main part done.
    And I did add where the copter is spawned by itself. So players can go up to it and activate flight mode. Plus autoland feature brings copter down on top of closest thing (building/ ground/ whatnot.) lol where it can be flown by someone else then.

14. Nice !! that thing could hold a ton of airdrop troops.. :)

Or make it a boat !! amphibious assault... lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
  15. Love the ideas here. Cannot wait to get to use some of these things in some cool things I have planned. Awesome work guys!