Universal Group just for newest player

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Kinesis, Apr 28, 2017.

1. This would just be fun for various purposes, permissions and tags :)

2. You want to add first time players? When a player joins? Why not just use the default group?

3. Yep this is more that the newest first time player on the server is put into a certain group, and then when the next 'newest' player joins the original player is bumped out. This way you could add various Chat tags to identify them to other players, and also give them special permissions. It was more just a fun thing :)

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Newest players are added to the default group. ;) What makes a new player any different than a newest player?

5. Haha I feel like I'm explaining this poorly, very well understand the default group :p

So this group would just have one player at a time, as soon as a a newer first time player joins they are replaced. So there can only be one person in this group at a time if that makes sense.

So Player A (first time on server), joins and gets put into Oxide group 'newplayer'
    Player B joins 2 minutes later (again first time on server), Player A is booted from the group, and is replaced with Player B who is now the newest.

This sounds like it's now worth more time than it's worth. I was just thinking if it was an Oxide group you could have a lot of fun with it and it could help identify new people to the server.