1. ydd

ydd

Where can I get it

2. You can ask somebody, but i think that soon will appear a category for this.

3. Steam > Library > Tools > Hurtworld Map Editor SDK

4. ydd

ydd

thank you!My bad,I just need a address where I can download one,the map,I mean,not the tool.

5. I'm not sure what you mean. Diemensland is included in the map sdk as an example, if that's what you're asking?

6. I've been working on a map using the Map SDK and hosting a server on my computer with the Dedicated Server in the tools section in steam. I followed the YouTube Map SDK videos to set everything up. Everything has been working fine, but today there seems to have been an update and the host.bat file was gone. I made a new host.bat, but when I try to launch it now it the console will disappear after a few seconds, and I don't see any useful info in the gamelog.txt file. Is there something in the update that would cause me to change the way I run my server?

host.bat
    Code:
    hurtworld.exe -batchmode -nographics -exec "servername Hunger Games Mod;host 12871 HungerGamesMap" -logfile "gamelog.txt"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  7. Hey dude, I think you're on the DevTest Steam branch, yeah? We don't guarantee those builds at all, I can confirm that the current build on it is totally broken. You should be able to switch to the main branch and it'll be fine.

8. ydd

ydd

I mean,I have playing Diemensland for a long time,now I want chang another map for fun,so I am looking for a map made by someone esle

9. Yes, I was on the DevTest branch. On the regular branch I'm getting SteamAPI_GameServer.Init() failed in the gamelog.txt file and it's causing the console to crash. I may have changed something so I'll play around with it a bit more.

This guy has a custom map on a server that you can play on. Read how to download the map in the description of the video.

10. This is usually solved for me by restarting Steam.

Oh I hadn't seen that yet - awesome!

11. Thanks for the help! The server is up and running, and I can connect again. However, now the console doesn't show the Oxide debug info, and none of the plugins on the server are working. I'm not sure why, but it seems the server is no longer loading oxide. Do you have any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind, reinstalling oxide worked. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  12. ydd

ydd

The map is good,did I need to play in his server or I can host the map in my own?

13. I'm guessing you can do both. I played on his server a few days ago and it was pretty fun. It was just deathmatch and had a few people on it.

14. ydd

ydd

Just put the ".map" file in my "\HurtworldClient_Data\maps\" and start the server,it's that so?

15. If you want to run it on your server you'll need to put it in your server maps folder as well, and edit your host.bat file to run the map.

Example: (host.bat)
    hurtworld.exe -batchmode -nographics -exec "servername TestServer;host 12871 CustomMapFileName" -logfile "gamelog.txt"

16. ydd

ydd

Well,it seems not that simple,if I put the map in the folder,the server only load "Diemensland" map,and if I delate "Diemensland" map file,even change the map name into "Diemensland",get error both

17. How are you running your server? This is the guide that I followed and it works for me.

18. ydd

ydd

1.Put the map file into "\HurtworldClient_Data\maps\" floder(The hurtworld server file and oxide file is new and clean)
    2.Configing the "start-example.bat" and "autoexec.cfg" file.
    3.Start the server(The map still is Diemensland)
    4.Delate all map files including "Diemensland.win64.map",juest keep the new one,start the server,shows "Map doesn't exist at path D:/steamcmd/steamapps/common/Hurtworld Dedicated Server/Hurtworld_Data\maps\diemensland.win64.map".
    5.Chang the map name into "diemensland.win64.map",start the server,shows
    Code:
    SteamServerConnected
    Loading level diemensland...
    Scene 'diemensland' (-1) couldn't be loaded because it has not been added to the build settings or t
    he AssetBundle has not been loaded.
    To add a scene to the build settings use the menu File->Build Settings...
    Level load complete. Operation took 4.0068359 seconds
    Level root not assigned by map, ensure you have LevelRootRegister in the root of the map. Quitting
    Exception when loading navmesh Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at RuntimeAsset
    Manager.LoadNavmesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    No navmesh loaded, creatures won't be able to move.Restarting server...

19. I remember running into this issue when I was first trying to test maps. I believe you can't name a new map the same name as a map that comes with the game. Also, with the error message with the scene not being added to the build settings I had to fix that by opening it in Unity and adding it in the Build Settings.

20. ydd

ydd

Well...seems like installing Unity is necessary,any way,thanks man,help me a lot!