1. Oxide for Rust Legacy has been discontinued and is no longer supported. No updates or additions will be made, and Rust Legacy-specific plugin submissions will no longer be accepted. We recommend upgrading to the latest version of Rust as able.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. P0LENT4

P0LENT4 Wood Hoarder Plugin Developer

Hello, I wonder if you have the possibility to accurately measure the distance between two points (positions)?

Example: I teleported the player to a map position, I command him to walk for 15 seconds in any direction and stop, so I want to measure the distance he traveled ...

Thank you in advance

2. Jakkee

Jakkee Scavenger Plugin Developer

Code (Text):
    float distance = Vector3.Distance(object1.transform.position, object2.transform.position);
    // 1 float = 1 metre (ish)

tugamano likes this.
  3. tugamano

tugamano Shack Builder Plugin Developer

Distance from player to player:
    Code (Text):
    [ChatCommand("distanceplayer")]
            void cmdDistancePlayer(NetUser netuser, string command, string[] args){
                if(args.Length == 0){rust.Notice(netuser, "Use /distanceplayer (PlayerName)");return;}
                NetUser tragetUser = rust.FindPlayer(args[0]);
                if(tragetUser == null){rust.Notice(netuser, "Player name not found!");return;}
                var distance = Math.Floor(Vector3.Distance(netuser.playerClient.lastKnownPosition, tragetUser.playerClient.lastKnownPosition));
                rust.SendChatMessage(netuser, "position", string.Format("You are at a distance of {0} meter/s from {1}", distance,  tragetUser.displayName));
            }

Distance from player to position:
    Code (Text):
            [ChatCommand("distanceplayerposition")]
            void cmdDistancePlayerposition(NetUser netuser, string command, string[] args){
                var positionSmallRodtown = new Vector3(6099f, 386f, -3555f);
                var distance = Math.Floor(Vector3.Distance(netuser.playerClient.lastKnownPosition, positionSmallRodtown));
                rust.SendChatMessage(netuser, "position", string.Format("You are at a distance of {0} meter/s from position Small Rodtown", distance));
            }
    Distance from positions:
    Code (Text):
            [ChatCommand("distancepositions")]
            void cmdDistanceposition(NetUser netuser, string command, string[] args){
                var positionSmallRodtown = new Vector3(6099f, 386f, -3555f);
                var positionHangar = new Vector3(6569f, 368f, -4297f);
                var distance = Math.Floor(Vector3.Distance(positionSmallRodtown, positionHangar));
                rust.SendChatMessage(netuser, "position", string.Format("Small Radtown is a distance of {0} meter/s from the hangar ", distance));
            }

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  4. P0LENT4

P0LENT4 Wood Hoarder Plugin Developer

Thank you very much. both