GameTipAnnouncements

Moved

Total Downloads: 247 - First Release: Nov 13, 2017 - Last Update: Dec 6, 2017

5/5, 6 likes
  1. redBDGR submitted a new resource:

GameTipAnnouncements - Send notifications to players as gametips

Read more about this resource...

2. muhahahahahahaaaa oh you could have so much twisted, devilish fun with this ^^ Thanks @redBDGR

3. u mean it will show ingame as a gametip

sneaky :)

4. You know the blue ones that annoy the crap out of you!! You can with this create your own ones! :p

5. yeah i was tired and didnt click :)

6. When I use my own ingame name "Riddle" it says it can't find my name... My Steam ID works tho

Nice plugin :D

7. see u solved the riddle already :)

8. Heyoooooo . Got An idea as i posted this as a question in the forums? :D
    haha. Awesome Stuff man. Good work

9. I've been waiting for someone to take advantage of the tips :)

It's nice to have the ability to do this manually, but I would love to be able to add on to the default tips or modify those default tips to make sure new players know about server specific situations.

10. I can add some functions like sending these tips when players load in and stuff like that

11. I think that would be great.

One of the things I find that's hard is to inform players about aspects of my server. I have announcements, but I think they tune them out. I have a graphical menu, but they don't read it. Having something that comes up on the screen that needs to be dismissed, possibly based on certain conditions would be awesome. Otherwise they may not realize the unique tools they can use.

If they're made to close after one showing, having MESSAGE and KEY TO CLOSE would be great with an overall interval between the messages.

Use case1: You have quests plugin. Message pops up, "Press Q for available Adventures" Once you hit Q, it goes away and never shows again.
    Use case2: You have LustyMap. Message pops up, "Press M for full size LustyMap" Once you hit M, it goes away and never shows again.

12. The only way to close these messages afaik is to manually dismiss them by sending the client the command to hide it. There might be other ways but i haven't tested anything yet, so if we were to do that, i would have to manually make something that reads when the client presses something and it would probably be limited to a static key that would either be reload or use buttons

13. redBDGR updated GameTipAnnouncements with a new update entry:

14. I figured out why it didn't work to message me... You need the clantag as well

/sendgt Riddle "This is a test" 5 - doesn't work
    /sendgt "[Clan] Riddle" "This is a test" 5 - does work

Message is: No players were found with this name / ID

Maybe something for a following update? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017
  15. i sent to myself without need for a clantag.

16. Well, I use Clans Reborn, that sets the clantag for me and I do need it :p

17. ... screenshots, how it loock ?

18. @redBDGR - Is there anyway this could tie into plugins "help" by any chance? So if a plugin dev has included say "gametip" then a player will be able to see available commands etc? Is that something possible or would it be too much of a pain in the arse for all dev's?

19. any other dev can easily utilise the gametips ^^ they can either do it on their own or reference to my plugin and call the code from my plugin to send the gametips

20. What are the console commands @redBDGR thx in advance
    Summer