Friends

Moved

Total Downloads: 7,097 - First Release: Sep 7, 2016 - Last Update: Nov 19, 2017

5/5, 6 likes
  1. Here is the error I am getting. Seems an element of previous version is still in the dictionary.
    Code:
    12:50 [Error] Failed to initialize plugin 'Friends v2.3.1' (ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.)
    12:50 [Debug]   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String].Add (System.String key, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Friends.registerMessages () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Friends.Loaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Friends.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2016
  2. Code:
    [Oxide] 13:34 [Info] Loaded plugin Friends v2.3.1 by dcode
    [Oxide] 13:34 [Error] Failed to initialize plugin 'Friends v2.3.1' (ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.)
    [Oxide] 13:34 [Debug]   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String].Add (System.String key, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Friends.registerMessages () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Friends.Loaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Friends.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [Oxide] 13:34 [Info] Unloaded plugin Friends v2.3.1 by dcode
    [Oxide] 13:34 [Info] No previous version to rollback plugin: Friends

3. Sadly also for me the above error. I installed the newest Hurtworld and Oxide version 2.0.2406

4. dcode updated Friends with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1474469257][/DOUBLEPOST]Should be working fine now. Make sure to delete oxide/lang/Friends.*.json for the new formatting to work, and update your Oxide to a recent snapshot as this is a brand new feature.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  5. Sorry to be such a bother but now PM doesn't work at all. No errors in logs this time though. I double checked to make sure I have oxide and hurtworld updated to the latest versions. I did used to use privatemessages but I correctly unloaded it and deleted all its files before installing this plugin - however I have a feeling there may be a piece of it behind in core files interfering with your plugin. I will attempt server restart tomorrow and try to start it up fresh with just the friends plugin to see if that resolves the issue.... as I have seen this process also fix a couple other plugins.

6. Use the one i attached along with the original Private Messages for now.

I changed Friends' non-working commands to /message & /reply, so it doesn't override Private Message's commands.

7. Not sure why this shouldn't be working as is. Did you delete the language files as stated in the update message? And enabled the pm-feature in the config (again)?

8. [Oxide] 10:19 [Error] Friends plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 10:19 [Error] Friends.cs(799,50): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' does not contain a definition for `GetPlayer' and no extension method `GetPlayer' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' could be found. Are you missing `UnityEngine' using directive?

9. dcode updated Friends with a new update entry:

10. Not working at all now. Get this error message:

Friends.cs(830,50): error CS1061: Type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' does not contain a definition for `FindPlayerById' and no extension method `FindPlayerById' of type `Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.IPlayerManager' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That change requires a newer update, not the one from Thursday.

12. If all these other plugins like Lusty Map etc are trying to force people to switch to this version of friends then this one needs to be made to work with NTeleportation for the setting to allow friends to set home in your base plz. I can't use this one until that's working. Also does this work with the existing Friendly Fire plugin for the other FriendAPI?

13. The plugin aims to be API compatible with FriendsAPI. However, if an already available plugin uses internal functionality of the latter that I am not yet aware of, there are three options: Either I add a shim for the respective internal API to this plugin, or the plugin author of the other plugin resorts to using the public API instead, or, last but not least, there is still a bug I have to fix.

In theory, this plugin should work with everything that uses FriendsAPI. Friendly fire for Rust, however, is already included and configurable.

If you have any additional information, let me know!

14. So friendly fire is automatically off for friends with this one? NVM I just saw it's a config setting lol ty giving it a shot now

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  15. Could be that you still have old translation files from FriendAPI or an older version of this plugin. Try to delete these. Note to myself: Should probably have taken entirely new keys.

16. Just downloaded this today but I'll delete the language file and try and (I assume that's what you're talking about when you say translation file). Thx

17. (12:37:30) | [Oxide] 11:37 [Warning] 'Friends v2.5.0' is using deprecated hook 'CanUseDoor', which will stop working on Tuesday, 03 January 2017. Please ask the author to update to 'CanUseLock'

18. Hi, everybody! Installed a plug-in, but the unknown team writes a mistake. In what there can be a problem? {Unknow command addfriend}

19. Fixed to stop the warning spam in console.