1. Resistance

Resistance Grenade Master

I can access the ftp with filezilla so can i upload oxide to the ftp
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 27, 2017 ---
    I pmed you a bug also you need to give the option to set the map and seed size from the panel

2. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

Map and Seed can be set via the `Configuration` side menu after selecting the correct game server to manage on the dashboard. If your configuration option is not present you can also add your own custom configuration parameters.

See Rust Game Server Documentation - GameBite for more details on possible parameters.

The configuration menu should look like the following: https://gamebite.io/img/configuration.png

3. Resistance

Found it thx

4. Mughisi

Mughisi Grenade Master Community Mod Oxide Developer

Had a quick look and looks like an interesting service which I'll keep in mind if I'd ever need another test environment :)

I'd like to point out some outdated information on How to Mod Game Servers - GameBite though, mainly the link on where to download oxide. The snapshots and builds have been moved away from GitHub and are now available on Bintray, more information about this move can be found in the announcement post here: New snapshot build server and download locations | Oxide

5. Resistance

I tried one of the test servers and there where a lot of problems that I have reported to him that need fixed the worse for me was the server going offline for no reason and not auto restarting. I did wipe and am testing it again just to be sure

edit: seems one plugin was causing the server to crash

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  6. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

Thank you, I will redirect accordingly.
    I'm sorry you had that experience but like I said to you in the private messages the log files you require are already there i.e "-log \"logfilename.log\"". The patch we published last night just for you makes it so you can edit the -logfile to whatever value you wish to set it as. I don't know what other log files are there but if you could let me know or if any other member of the community could let me know what you mean by log files other than the ones that come by default with Rust, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, re-reading your private messages, you can delete any configuration options you require and add any custom configuration options you require. See the end of Getting Started with Hosting Game Servers - GameBite for more information.

Edit: I took a look at the mod you were having issues with. TimedExecute [Unmaintained] | Page 22 | Oxide makes it seem like it is deprecated and causing a lot of other servers to crash as well. Are you sure this is not your problem?

Best,
    Drake

7. Resistance

That was not the plugin causing the server to crash it was PlayerRanks plugin but you dont have the restart script in the bat file as default this needs added for when servers do crash as to the logs if you go to /home/current_game/server/rust-server you will see a number of log files
    Log.Assert.txt
    Log.Chat.txt
    Log.EAC.txt
    Log.Error.txt
    Log.Exception.txt
    Log.Log.txt
    Log.Warning.txt
    These are the logs I have been taking about that never have anything in them even if you remove the -nolog line you have set.
    I hope finding all these problems help your hosting to run better
    Timed Execute | Oxide and I use this one not the one you posted but as you are missing the restart command in the bat file the server wont restart the plugin works as it should just your bat file does not

8. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

We will always opt to only have the minimal amount of defaults that are crucial to booting a server in order to allow our users to configure their own servers without needing to understand too many unnecessary paramters. In which case, like I have linked you multiple of times and have told you multiple of times already, you are FREE to add any additional command line parameters that you would like to add. What this means, is you can add the "-nolog" parameter if you wish to your server.

Additionally, on a test server I just booted up, a screenshot shows exactly what you were looking for within your Rust server's default folder without any additional configuration edits needed. Anyone else on this forum is welcome to try this out as well to confirm. At present I hate to say this, especially as a provider, but I think you're spreading unnecessary FUD. I have explained to you in detail in PMs and linked to you numerous amounts of times, the proper resources regarding what you call "bugs", but I believe it to be user-specific misconfiguration. I admit, perhaps the UI is not UX friendly enough so it can not be easily understood at first glance. We definitely appreciate your help on finding said "bugs", and will definitely take your issues with our UI into account for our next patch.

Screenshots provided below:
    http://i.imgur.com/onrtGMo.png - From a just installed test server
    http://i.imgur.com/b6w1HZn.png - I later reconfigured it to show you what I mean, that almost all configuration parameters are possible

Best,
    Drake

9. Resistance

I have the files in there as well as you have on the first ss but no info in them it needs to have info in there thats the point of them files also I cant edit the -nologs line but that line needs fully removed not just from that panel but also the bat file I have been coding for 25 years I dont make mistakes or misconfig things trust me the problem is not from my side

edit: I see you now gave me the permission to edit the no log line done that and will test

10. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

I understand. My tests have shown that they are being populated. You can see from the reference screen shot that Log.EAC.txt is being populated with data so there is no error regarding file systems. In other words, it is highly unlikely that it is a server sided error because the Rust executable is still able to write to the files. If my memory serves correct, `-logfile` is a master output file for logs whereas the log files you're looking for are basically filtered forms of the -logfile. It may be possible that the Rust developers have also chosen to deprecate the functionality.

Additionally, you stated .bat file which to me implies that you're assuming you're working on a Windows machine. Unfortunately, all of our servers at present are hosted on Linux. So there is an additional possibility that the developers had opted not to implement some of those log files.

We will be supporting Windows very soon, but the games we support on Linux should all be bug-free. Three of our long term customers still with us, who decided to use us before we officially launched (they used the same speced and designed servers for production) have or had ~150+ population, both modded and vanilla, so if there were any issues with compatibility we would've known.

As a side note: Well looks like you've got one over me then, it seems like i'm always making mistakes when I code ;) and I only do it everyday.

EDIT: You pretty much have full accessibility to the command line parameters that are passed to the Rust executable. What we're basically doing with those command lines parameters in that URL route is filtering and whitespace delimiting their values and adding it to the execution script.

EDIT2: Yes, I gave you access to that immediately yesterday when you asked for it.

Best,
    Drake

11. Resistance

The Log.EAC.txt is the only one the Log.Log.txt should be as well on server startup and if any errors or warning then them files should also have info and I did have some errors and warnings and no info showed the only way I seen it was from rcon. I have tested putting the logfile the way you had in that ss I also have tested with removing that line still no logs so the only thing I can see is its not updating the bat file

12. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

Sorry, I feel like this thread is really getting derailed and becoming more and more of customer support for our services. Something i'm most certain the Oxide community wouldn't want. The additional "bugs" you are suggesting really doesn't help with our reputation either, which we cherish. We do appreciate people reporting bugs though as it allows us to fix the issues as soon as possible and show the community that although mistakes sometimes happen, we will always strive to fix them as soon as possible if it is within our power. Regardless if it is an updated game breaking compatibility or a bug in our systems.

If you still wish to use our test servers for free you may contact me via PM or our website's customer service panel and I will try to continue helping you with your concerns.

In all honesty though, I don't think either is necessary. If you re-read my posts, I think I have already covered everything that needs to be covered with your issue. I do once again, want to say thank you for testing our services even if they were not up to your standard.

EDIT: Once again, there are no .bat files in our server at present, .bat files is purely a Windows thing. We use direct command execution using our custom daemons. Said daemon has build checks and integration checks running 24/7 so if any game server breaks backwards compatibility we will know immediately.

Best,
    Drake

13. Resistance

Was just reporting some things that I think needed fixed/changed this will help you and your customers anyway I am going to bed now so you can delete the one I had running and it did help me fix a few plugins even know it took a few hrs before I could get on the server due to sleep and the crashes but thanks anyway