1. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

Hello! I have lurked around Oxide for a while but decided to finally make an account. I'm semi-advertising my server providing company so if I break any rules, please let me know and i'll make the necessary edits or edit and close the post.

I work for Simple Game Server Hosting - GameBite a game server provider company. We have something set-up so that anyone who has one of our free accounts can create free game servers for testing for 6 hours every 24 hours (no credit card required). With the free server you will be able to host any of the 15 games we currently support and be able to switch between those games at any time. You will have full SFTP access and can make as many backups as the test server can handle.

I decided to make a post to the Oxide community to share this as most of the games we support are also supported by Oxide. Having a free game server to test on might help some other lurkers or plugin developers develop some cool plugins and at the same time help bring some attention to our new services. Deployment of all servers is nearly instantaneous (We process the request immediately. It takes ~ 5 minutes for most game servers to finish downloading and initialize)

We plan on increasing the free trial period for confirmed plugin creators in the future. And I definitely plan on creating and releasing some cool plugins to share for you guys as well :)

Enjoy!

Everything you need to get started can be found here:
    Getting Started with Hosting Game Servers - GameBite

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  2. Braanflakes

Braanflakes Scavenger

Sounds like a great idea, but I can't seem to get past the login screen after creating an account. I've not only created an account and verified the e-mail address but I've also attempted resetting my password and I still can't login. :p

3. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

Hmm, that's strange, I can log into my live testing accounts. Are you getting any error messages at all? Or a HTML status code that is not 200?

Best,
    Drake

4. Braanflakes

Braanflakes Scavenger

Nope, it's actually just telling me that I have an invalid username/password. I know that sounds dumb but I've reset my password but it still doesn't seem to like me.

5. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

In that case would you mind moving this to private messages until we get this sorted out? Just for record keeping's sake, i'm going to be advising that you use temporary credentials that have never been used for other services you use.

6. Braanflakes

Braanflakes Scavenger

Appreciate the help, got it fixed! :)

7. Resistance

Resistance Grenade Master

So if you can make a free test server for 6 hrs why does it ask for your credit card info there is no point if only for 6 hrs and I dont like to give that info out for a test server it does say this at the bottom
    6 Hours for free
    No Credit Card Required
    but it still asks you to put the info in before you can make it and when I went back to try again from a different location even know I never made the fist one I get this message
    You have created too many test servers. Please try again after 23 hours

8. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

I'm sorry, using our services with IPv6 addresses is currently not fully supported due to potential brute-force attempts at our services with a large enough subnet.

Edit: As for requiring credit card information, that is only required when you request for a `Server Type` that is not a `Test Server`. We will take your issues into consideration for future changes.

Best,
    Drake

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  9. Resistance

the server type was a test server and it still asked my cc info

10. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

Sorry about that. It was doing that due to a front-end bug which assumed that you would connect from an IPv4 Address but in your case redirects incorrectly to "?serverType=default" instead of "?serverType=test". My apologies about the bad redirect which did not save your previous selections. We will try to upload our fix for that ASAP and a more permanent fix for the possible unlimited game servers IPv6 brute-force attack vector ;).

Best,
    Drake

11. Resistance

I tried IPv4 and IPv6 as I can do both was still same bug

12. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

Are you sure you were using IPv6? The webserver's logs only have an IPv6 address from your time frame. Your browser may be defaulting to your IPv4 Address. You can check via IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test. If that is not the case, let me know and I will try to get your case resolved as quickly as possible.

Edit: I have also disabled serving IPv6 addresses temporarily from the webserver so if your ISP supports both IPv4 and IPv6 you should be defaulted into IPv4 with no further changes.

Best,
    Drake

13. Resistance

See ss I cant even test it as it says I have created to many even know I have not even done one yet
    testserver.png download.png

14. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

The screenshot shows that you are still using IPv6. Try accessing the website again it, IPv6 is disabled, it should work. I have also removed your previous IPv6 attempt out of the throttle so you will not have the same error again.

Best,
    Drake

15. Resistance

It auto goes to ipv4 if ipv6 does not work so the only way to fix the problem is to add support for both once you do I will try

16. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

What do you mean? It works perfectly under IPv4, our current customers can attest to that. When IPv6 is disabled on the webserver your web browser will default to IPv4 which will work as usual because your ISP based off of your screenshot supports both IPv4 and IPv6. Also please note that we currently only have test servers in `Dallas, Texas` due to a shortage of servers for the other locations. We will have more European servers in stock once we move to Phase 3 (50+ more games supported). My apologies for the inconvenience, I can PM you once we have those servers in stock with some additional testing days if you wish (should be a few more weeks).

Best,
    Drake

17. Resistance

I tried to add the uk servers and it did say they had none left but after trying adding it again from texas I got the message about I created to many even know I never created any in the first place that bug needs fixed

18. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

Yes, it does need to be fixed. We will have a patch for it in the morning. Thank you for making it aware to us :). I have removed your current throttle, if you wish and created a test server in Dallas, Texas I can extend your Test Server's expiration immediately.

Best,
    Drake

19. Resistance

Made it at last also the Query Port is no longer used server and rcon ports only
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 27, 2017 ---
    No way to install oxide from the panel kind of hard to set plugins if its not installed

20. dcai-gbio

dcai-gbio Naked Wanderer

We've opted to let Query Port show up as a mirror of the Game Port for Rust under `/panel/dashboard`. That way it will show the accurate Query Port for our other games. Yes, a web-based FTP/SFTP File Manager is on our TODO list for Phase 3. We're testing out the last bits of our one-click modding implementation before we publish it in a few days. You can use any FTP/SFTP client to get filesystem access to the server at present though.

Visit Game Server FTP/SFTP Access- GameBite for more information.

Best,
    Drake