1. IcyAxe

IcyAxe Naked Wanderer

Hi,
    i created server on dedicated machine, with separate steam account and Forest. The first problem i have is with saving, server saves but when i restart it doesn't load the latest save it just creates new one, if i use -batchmode and -nographics. If i dont use -batchmode and -nographics then server loads latest save. But eather way when i reconnect after restart i can only make new character.

The second problem i found out is that food and water are not droping on my character or on friends.

The third problem i found out is that there is with night the sun is constantly at same spot.

The forth thing is server console is getting spammed with
    Code (Text):
    Look rotation viewing vector is zero
    Infinity or nan floating point numbers appear when calculating matrices for collider.
    Infinity or nan floating point numbers appear when calculating matrices for collider.
    Running with sub 10fps.

Idk if i have done something wrongly.

This is the startup line
    Code (Text):
    TheForest.exe -batchmode -nographics -ip 0.0.0.0 -port 27016 -maxplayers 10 -hostname "Test server" -friendsonly 1

Server Startup logs...

Code (Text):
    Steam Started
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.2763...
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loading extensions...
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loaded extension CSharp v1.0.2763 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loaded extension JavaScript v1.0.2763 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loaded extension Lua v1.0.2763 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loaded extension MySql v1.0.2763 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loaded extension Python v1.0.2763 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loaded extension SQLite v1.0.2763 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loaded extension Unity v1.0.2763 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loaded extension TheForest v1.0.2763 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Using Covalence provider for game 'The Forest'
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loading plugins...
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity Core v1.0.2763 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 10:53 [Info] Loaded plugin The Forest v1.0.2763 by Oxide Team
    Server is connected to steam
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TheForest.Buildings.Creation.WallChunkArchitect+<DelayedAwake>c__Iterator174.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    TheForest.Buildings.Creation.WallChunkArchitect:Awake()
    TheForest.Buildings.Creation.WallDefensiveGateArchitect:Awake()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    <Load>c__Iterator239:MoveNext()

TheForest.Buildings.Creation.WallDefensiveGateArchitect.CreateStructure (Boolean isRepair)
    TheForest.Buildings.Creation.WallChunkArchitect+<OnDeserialized>c__Iterator175.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    TheForest.Buildings.Creation.<OnDeserialized>c__Iterator196:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String, SendMessageOptions)
    <Load>c__Iterator239:MoveNext()

Turning off 61 trees that were cut down
    TheForest.Utils.LocalPlayer+<OldSaveCompat>c__Iterator222.MoveNext ()

P2P Session with XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX accepted
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXX joined
    [Oxide] 10:56 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerConnected' on plugin 'TheForestCore v1.0.2763' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 10:56 AM [Debug]   at Oxide.Game.TheForest.Libraries.Covalence.TheForestPlayer..ctor (.BoltEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.TheForest.Libraries.Covalence.TheForestPlayerManager.NotifyPlayerConnect (.BoltEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.TheForest.TheForestCore.OnPlayerConnected (.BoltEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    SurvivalBook.Update ()

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  2. IcyAxe

IcyAxe Naked Wanderer

This fixed the OnPlayerConnected exception
    Code (Text):
            internal TheForestPlayer(BoltEntity entity)
            {
                steamId = entity.source.RemoteEndPoint.SteamId.Id;
                Id = steamId.ToString();
                cSteamId = new CSteamID(steamId);
                // Store user object
                Name = SteamFriends.GetFriendPersonaName(cSteamId);
                this.entity = entity;
            }
    Food & water & night still not working.

3. Sigzags

Sigzags Naked Wanderer

Where does this script go? Not the most knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like this. I would be interested in resolving the "onplayerconnected" error though.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

That isn't a script for normal use, and a fix is already in the latest Oxide build. That is also unrelated to the topic of this thread, is was related to an Oxide-specific error that no longer exists.

5. Sigzags

Sigzags Naked Wanderer

I am still getting the "onplayerconnect" error. This error is generated when a player gets off of a server and attempts to re=enter the server. Players do not get stuck on the starting client screen, instead it kicks them back to the home screen of The Forest. The only way to mitigate this error is a restart of the server, which is resulting in a new save being created. I have a fresh install of the forest running, with your latest snapshot version of oxide.

Any thoughts?

6. Wulf

I may have forgotten to push. I'll check in a bit and get back to you.

7. Sigzags

Sigzags Naked Wanderer

That would be awesome. Thanks for all the work you're putting in to this. I love the dedicated server and reliable multiplayer experience you are creating for us!

8. Sigzags

Sigzags Naked Wanderer

Any update?

9. Wulf

Latest snapshot has it now.

10. IcyAxe

IcyAxe Naked Wanderer

Hi, well at least i think i figured out why night and other things are not working. In their code by the looks of it. Host character is controlling time(food, water, ToD)... Which gets deleted in oxide...
    Idk how i could inject this fix

11. Wulf

Point out where you think the issue is and I can look into it.

12. Sigzags

Sigzags Naked Wanderer

Wulf,

Sorry to post this here as I know that it isn't directly relevant to this thread. The latest snapshot is still producing the "onplayerconnected" hook error for me. I am also still getting the null reference error, I don't know if you tried to address this on the latest snapshot or not. This is all on a fresh install of The forest and a fresh install of the latest snapshot. No previous game or save data.
    Code (Text):
    Rewired: Searching for compatible XInput library...
    Rewired: Found Xinput1_3.dll.
    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 242760
    Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198337139520 [API loaded no]
    Steam Started
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.2793...
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loading extensions...
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loaded extension CSharp v1.0.2793 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loaded extension JavaScript v1.0.2793 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loaded extension Lua v1.0.2793 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loaded extension MySql v1.0.2793 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loaded extension Python v1.0.2793 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loaded extension SQLite v1.0.2793 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loaded extension Unity v1.0.2793 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loaded extension TheForest v1.0.2793 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Using Covalence provider for game 'The Forest'
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loading plugins...
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity Core v1.0.2793 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 18:16 [Info] Loaded plugin The Forest v1.0.2793 by Oxide Team
    Dedicated Server Running
    Address: [EndPoint 0.0.0.0:27015 | 27015]
    Max Players: 0t                                                     125fps, 19s
    Save Interval: 0 minutes                                      0b/s in, 0b/s out
    P2P Session with 76561198295731389 accepted
    76561198295731389/[DIKS] SIGZ joined
    [Oxide] 6:21 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerConnected' on plugin 'TheFo
    restCore v1.0.2793' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an inst
    ance of an object)
    [Oxide] 6:21 PM [Debug]   at Oxide.Game.TheForest.Libraries.Covalence.TheForestP
    layer..ctor (.BoltEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.TheForest.Libraries.Covalence.TheForestPlayerManager.NotifyPlaye
    rConnect (.BoltEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.TheForest.TheForestCore.OnPlayerConnected (.BoltEntity entity) [
    0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (ob
    ject,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invoke
    Attr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Global
    ization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [Oxide] 6:21 PM [Info] Server has been saved!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
  13. Wulf

Most likely wasn't the real fix then. I thought I had tested it, but looks like there are other issues with it.

14. Monk Server

Monk Server Naked Wanderer

Same issue here on the player connection, and no movement on time, food, water etc.

15. IcyAxe

IcyAxe Naked Wanderer

I am gona report you the location of the issue when i get to the PC.

The thing with OnPlayerConnection Exception was fixed for me(with my code patch, idk about new one)...

About saving other players there is the same problem... i think player saving is not working because there is no "Host" character in game. The Forest has the weirdest saving and client-host synchronization i have ever seen.

Everything even save "GUID"s are connected to Host character. When you start normal game without oxide. Host actually saves "guid", when you reload save you load this guid(which allows clients to load correct save). But when you start server via oxide your main character gets removed... and none of the guid gets saved as it should...and when you restart server new GUID is generated because new host character gets created and deleted.

Same goes for water, food, health and time - these three parameters are connected to the host character.

Its the way the original game is made. We could somehow leave host character in game... just move it out of world and make it "undestructable".

I am gona look more into it... when i get to my PC.

16. Sigzags

Sigzags Naked Wanderer

I asked this earlier in the thread, but where exactly does your code patch get placed? I honestly don't know much as far as the coding goes.

17. Wulf

Oxide's core, and it was already patched but is not working 100% still. If you aren't familiar with C# project development and how to compile them, I'd stick to the official builds we provide.

18. Sigzags

Sigzags Naked Wanderer

Right, I was just curious if it was withing my skill level right now. Looks like I'm teaching myself some C# this weekend lol.

19. Sigzags

Sigzags Naked Wanderer

I get the server up and running, client saves, the server saves. Client disconnects and can reconnect with "Continue" option. Client can load in and resume from last location they saved with their inventory. Restart the server and Client loses the "Continue" option. Client clicks "New" and gets stuck on "Client Starting" screen. Below is what the server console says during the time the client is locked in the Client Starting screen. Also note that the "Onplayerconnected" error is not generated in this scenario. I am sure you have seen all of this previously, just letting you know that it is happening on your latest snapshot.

Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198337139520 [API loaded no]
    Steam Started
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.2807...
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loading extensions...
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loaded extension CSharp v1.0.2807 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loaded extension JavaScript v1.0.2807 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loaded extension Lua v1.0.2807 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loaded extension MySql v1.0.2807 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loaded extension Python v1.0.2807 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loaded extension SQLite v1.0.2807 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loaded extension Unity v1.0.2807 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loaded extension TheForest v1.0.2807 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Using Covalence provider for game 'The Forest'
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loading plugins...
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity Core v1.0.2807 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 13:59 [Info] Loaded plugin The Forest v1.0.2807 by Oxide Team
    Turning off 32 trees that were cut down
    No plane crash position
    P2P Session with 76561198295731389 accepted

20. Nops77

Nops77 Naked Wanderer

Hi

I started a saved game into my "dedi server" all run ok ingame

but on server i have following:
    Code (Text):
    Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561198179951626 [API loaded no]
    Steam Started
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.2811...
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loading extensions...
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loaded extension CSharp v1.0.2811 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loaded extension JavaScript v1.0.2811 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Error] Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.Lua (DllNotFoundExcept
    ion: lua52)
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Debug]   at (wrapper managed-to-native) KeraLua.NativeMethods:Lua
    LNewState ()
      at KeraLua.Lua.LuaLNewState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.LuaLib.LuaLNewState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Lua.LuaExtension.InitializeLua () [0x00000] in <filename unknown
    >:0
      at Oxide.Core.Lua.LuaExtension.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Extensions.ExtensionManager.LoadExtension (System.String filenam
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loaded extension MySql v1.0.2811 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loaded extension Python v1.0.2811 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loaded extension SQLite v1.0.2811 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loaded extension Unity v1.0.2811 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loaded extension TheForest v1.0.2811 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Using Covalence provider for game 'The Forest'
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loading plugins...
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity Core v1.0.2811 by Oxide Team
    [Oxide] 20:52 [Info] Loaded plugin The Forest v1.0.2811 by Oxide Team
    VFZ001Server 13fps, 6h40m49s
    1/6 0b/s in, 0b/s out
    2:13 am^CBatchvorgang abbrechen (J/N)?

i play 6 h and ist was always day

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2016