1. You mean for the Horsefly plugin posted up a couple of posts ? to remove player but keep horse? LOL, ill see. that would be funny.

I need to stop posting random Alpha state plugins , I think this thread should be called colon blows random crazy plugin emporium testing area....or something :)

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They should be submitted to the Plugins section if they are going to be posted on the site actually.

3. please Wulf
    do not be a killjoy
    lol

4. Wulf is correct on that. Having random plugins that are not released leads messy and uncontrolled plugins running around everywhere. And I should know better :(.
    But you can PM me is you want to keep testing my plugins that are not released.

5. yes I know, Just joking....
    but maybe Wulf can let you have a thread with not stable release of plugins
    that will be usefull for new developers, and betatesters. ;)
    And if you start an idea somebody can do the Official release for the repository.
    I think the idea of have "threads for beta/alpha plugins" is great

6. Hello Guys! Today accidentally found this video.
    Tell me where to find a plugin that allows to control the helicopter?

7. Very Cool. to bad I don't understand what he is saying :(

8. How close are you on controlling the Heli? im workin on same proj and running into some problems. Any chance you can pm me some bits of it or get a group of devs to work on it if you're too busy?

9. yes the person is video does appear to be using my Beta plugin, but beyond what the video on the OP shows, I have not added much yet. latest update will automatically make player invisible to other players and a lot of code cleanup :) hopefully soon. But I can PM you my Beta version if you like, there are a lot of testers out there now, they seem to love it.

10. I would love that and would keep you updated on any changes I make :)

11. Greetings from Russia! Very good work!
    But /flyheli do not off the copter but copy it...
    Fly horse -> fly bear )))
    bearfly.png

12. Where is the plugin for this, have looked through all pages, i assume it was removed because its wrong section,

it would be cool if you guys had a section for testing plugins that may or may not be supported,
    where is the best place other than this site for people who want to share there code?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2017
  13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The problem is that plugins are generally moderated to make sure there isn't malicious code or backdoors in them before approval, which requires them to go through the Plugins section. Posting random plugins around all over the forum causes loads of extra work and headaches for the moderator team. A plugin can be rested privately or released in an alpha state, but it should still be posted under the Plugins section if it is intended to be shared through our site. It's not about it being supported or not, it's about it being checked and posted in a central location, and not scattered around.

14. Remember...Wulf is always right :)

And since there is a recent influx of interest in the Helicopter Flying plugin, ill try to release it asap. Initial testing has been wonderful, all functions appear to be working as intended with Helicopter. Plus add some options for removing my custom cockpit overlay if wanted and a few things. I know on bug is the chat command doesn't remove heli from player, but you can still use the console command to do so.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I've been wrong before, but not really a right/wrong case here, just a moderation concern (can't make exceptions for the cool kids.) :p

16. And a question for anyone using the plugin already, has anyone tried running multiple versions of the heli at one time? I have run two for a heli to heli battle, but what about more? any serious lag issues there?

17. have had 5 people trying to attack each other and blow up pasted buildings, no noticeable server lag or bugs.

18. Not sure if you want to hear this, @Colon Blow :p Spawned 3 helis, spawned 5 planes with airdrops - sadly discovered that we cannot shoot down planes or airdrops, but for sure we could blast each other without noticable lag or some errors in console :p Everything looks perfect, just a sugestion, any posibility that heli would move like a normal heli? You know looking arround with heli is kinda...well you know you fly down and heli goes like nose front, you go up and she goes nose up, its noticable that you are driving it, so maybe same moves as normal heli would be great, turrets can like at normal helis turn arround and shoot :)

19. Ok so this guy keeps posting videos of him "flying" the Heli and now a "working" car in Rust. Now i dont speak Russian but i do hear him say plugin a lot. I'm guessing he's replacing the player with the heli etc. anyone know where to find said plugins or how they work? Also hear there is a horseback riding oxide mod in works as well.

Links
    Car-
    heli-

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most of those have been made by @Colon Blow, but not actually released yet.