1. zVoxty

zVoxty Naked Wanderer

Hello Oxide,

I try to setup a server and I meet the following issue "Failed to connect to Steam".
    Last night when I run the server works properly with serverSteamAccount.
    Then I try to host the server on my laptop and I change the token from steam, now when I assign the "serverSteamAccount" with the token taked from "Steam Game Server Account Management" the above error comes up.
    What should I do, please take a look at image below which contain my server settings. Untitled.png

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Pretty sure you still need to have the Steam client running, at least that's what I've seen from the docs for The Forest.

zVoxty likes this.
  3. zVoxty

zVoxty Naked Wanderer

Hello Wulf,

Thanks for the fast answer but I still encounter the problen with steam running :(.
    Untitled.png

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Are you sure the token from Steam is still good? They expire pretty quickly if not used.

5. zVoxty

zVoxty Naked Wanderer

Of course I just regenerate it. If i do not use the "serverSteamAccount" property all things works fine but i see the server only on "Dedicated(LAN)" and i want to see it in Dedicated(internet).

6. zVoxty

zVoxty Naked Wanderer

I dont know what is the problem, i just uninstall the forest dedicated server and oxide, and now work fine so if anyone encounter this issue again, just unistall and reinstall the server.

Wulf likes this.