1. Hi there i am running a ROK dedicated server on my pc the one you get from the steam tools page, when i run the server and try to connect to it on local host with the correct port number it kicks me back to the main screen straight away and says failed to authenticate steam and when i look in the server console it says

Failed to authenticate penelipydick (76561198121387334) with Steam. (k_EBeginAuthSessionResultGameMismatch)

Can someone please help im tearing my hair out over this ? ive already tried reinstalling the server and i havent messed with any of the settings at all.

Thanks

2. Shutdown steam and runn again.its usually help
    [DOUBLEPOST=1472745755][/DOUBLEPOST]Also every time after download game update need restart steam software.i have game different hardriwe and sometimes steam think its another pc.idk why but its do that

3. Hi there tryed to restart steam still dosent work any ideas ?

4. And you Use you own pc ip?game port its open?and you see server game server list?

5. yep im using localhost as the ip and the port is correct and open if i try to connect using local host or if i try to connect using the server browser both ways dont work

6. players can join server?

7. i dont know i havent had anyone try to yet

8. Server name?so i can try later today when i am home

9. EU Daves World its working now but thanks for the help feel free to join and tell me who you are when you jump on :D

Thanks again

10. nice:)
    you dont set oxide yet?

11. Not yet no but let me know if your on and ill give you some stuff :)

12. I am running a dedicated server (different folder of the game) on my pc, everything was okay, but after installing Oxide in the game folder, none of my friends (and other players) can enter the server. "Could not authenticate with Steam" would be some error in the ROK_data folder?

I did the right installation, copy the game files to a new folder (the server), set up the settings, ipv4, open ports on the router and firewall, so far so good, but after installing Oxide I can only log in direct connection.

Some logs.

Attached Files:

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide does not change or control anything with Steam or authentication on your server. Are you running a non-Steam server normally?

14. I have the same issue, the thing is... i can run a non-steam server and it won't give me problems, but if i try to install Oxide Mod on it ... "Unknown file version" (newtonsoft.json.dll) error pops up. BUT if i try to install Oxide mod in Steam Reign of Kings Dedicated Server it works fine, it creates the oxide/plugins files and everything but people can't join the server. "Failed to Authenticate (Username = SteamID) with Steam"

[​IMG]
    [DOUBLEPOST=1502046990][/DOUBLEPOST]i have restored all the "Steam_appi" related files in the Dedicated server folder with the Game files.
    [​IMG]
    [DOUBLEPOST=1502047026][/DOUBLEPOST]And its working, people is joining my server with Plugins. Hope it works for you too.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide doesn't modify or replace any of those files.