Factions

A Faction system with Leaders, Taxes, Trades, Ranks, Kill Rewards, and MORE!

Total Downloads: 2,709 - First Release: May 20, 2016 - Last Update: Oct 27, 2017

5/5, 24 likes
  1. I have a suspicion. Do you have "Use_FactionSafeZones" enabled? If so are you in No Faction at all? This will help me troubleshoot. Thanks!

2. It's whatever the default settings are. This is my first time trying this plugin so I'm not sure. I got that error and immediately uninstalled.

3. LustyMap has been redone and Factions Native support has been removed. I am working on adding the custom hooks to make it work with the new version. In the meantime, I recommend you keep using the old version because it will break showing Faction Members on the map.

4. is it possible to stop the deafaultspawnkit (rock&torch) from appearing with the custom spawnkit? (it puts weapons from belt in inventory)
    or can i only use 4 slots of the belt for the kit?

5. yes you can strip inventory prior to getting the spawnkit. I can make that change. Sorry I just keep getting sidetracked!

6. Absolut updated Factions with a new update entry:

7. i have great fun with this plugin, but i also have a problem with it:
    i have a zone, high up in the sky, where there is the shop and everything. players get there by tp ("/town" from NTeleportation)
    tp works, but they get kicked out of the zone for not being allowed there. the zone:
    "Name": "sky", ...
    "Location": "-500 800 -250", ....
    "Flags": "AutoLights, PvpGod, PveGod, UnDestr, NoBuild, NoPlayerLoot, NoRemove, NoStability, NoUpgrade"

plus i dont get this in config: whats the difference between
    "Use_FactionSafeZones": true, ...
    "Use_FactionZones": true,
    is there a 'normal' and a 'safe' zone? if so, how can i know which kind i have now? does the safezone have flags like 'pvpgod'?

i just realized, that the faction id is equal to the zone id created in the ZoneManager (no flags, btw), so thats how the faction is adressed to its zone, but how can i grant both factions to use the sky zone?

8. I believe this is a code issue that off the top of my head I might have a solution for. I'm on a mobile and will not get to it tonight but let me take a look tomorrow and see if I can filter the zone check to check if it is another faction zone or not.

9. I am trying to release all my backlogged plugins and one of those is my FactionsCore which is designed to be a replacement to this one. I also have a FactionsBattleZones and FactionsTaxes which go along with it. If anyone would like to load them and test them it would be a great help. Instead of flooding this forum please send me a private message with any "asks" and "issues". PLEASE NOTE: FactionsCore uses my ImageLibrary Plugin... so that is required: ImageLibrary for Rust | Oxide

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving!

Attached Files:

10. Hello fellow devoper, can you please add an option for the admins to be able to hide how many players joined the faction so players wont be able to see how many players are inside.For example faction one and faction two , players wont be able to see how many players are there in the faction so they wont choose from the most famous one.Thank you for reading.

11. Good afternoon.
    I translate the plugin into Russian,namely the message which displays when an action with the plugin.
    I translated more than half of all filled in,and plug in the chat still writes in English with the old messages.
    Plugin (click)
    conclusion (click)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2016
  12. After today's update:

"Error while compiling Factions.cs(1623,20): error CS1061: Type 'BasePlayer' does not contain a definition for 'TransformChanged' and no extension method 'TranformChanged' of type 'BasePlayer' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?"

13. Absolut updated Factions with a new update entry:

14. Odd question, but can this and clans run along side each other? or do they conflict badly? I want to use this plugin as a sort of guild system... I want to be able to make 3-4 guilds with different permissions and bonuses that people can join, but I also want those people to have the freedom to create their own clans on top of being in a guild.

For example: I want to have miners guild, that gives everyone the ability to craft scavenged pick-axes, quarries, and survey charges while also giving them increased gather rate for stones. I want this to be a permanent faction that once joined can't be left, but then I also want to give people the option to come together as their own clans as a mix of different guid.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2017
  15. It should work. I am hopefully posting the new version of Factions which is now called Factions Foundation later this week. That might be a better suited version. We will see.

16. Hi. We have restarted our server and the plugin is no longer usable. If we do "/ fc", it says "unknown command fc"

17. If you are certain Factions is loading then reinstall oxide. I had chat command issues unrelated to this plugin a week back it was frustrating and confusing. Ended up being a simple uninstall/reinstall oxide. Give it a go, let me know,

18. Good evening. Thank you for your reply. Then I want to point out that our server is located at "nitrado" so I do not see how to re-install oxide myself :(

19. I absolutely LOVE this plugin so far, however, I am encountering something odd... I have the Faction titles/names to display in chat set to true, but it looks like it isn't compatible with BetterChat? I'd love if the faction name and the players group are both displayed when a player types. Faction names worked fine before I installed BetterChat, now the BetterChat titles show up but the Faction ones don't. Do you know if they aren't compatible in terms of the chat titles?

20. They use similar hooks so I believe BetterChat overrides/conflicts. Early on I added "DisableChatControl" to fix it. In other words, you gotta use one or the other. BetterChat would need to add Factions support to get the players Faction.