1. im getting in some plugins Exception: ISteamUGC _ptr is null!

this only apply's to external hosted services like fragnet & gameservers i also seen in forums that this refers to outdated steam while i can imagine that my local machines have the latest Steam and it works fine there, but there is no way a external host is gonna install steam for some plugins is there perhaps a way arround? this error or anything i can do to rust steam files?

2. Anyone idea's i got a few plugins custom made giving the error Exception: ISteamUGC _ptr is null! when i use them on a external Host like Fragnet or GameServers when i run the plugin local it works fine thought.

3. so arround 50 people seen but no one can provide a solution @Wulf do you know perhaps what we can do about this?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Without seeing any useful information, no.

5. what can i provide as information as the server console only pur out this message when loading the plugin normal it should load workshop skins as the plugin is trying to retrieve our custom made skins for the server many people said if you update steam then kts solved but i dunno how i wanna update or even install steam in external host like fragnet

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

According to Google, it's your Steam client being outdated, so best to update.

7. yes but the errors comes in a server that not even has steam at all i try explain the host about the issue but they say plugins dont need steam to run as the server got the latest steam server version..... so perhaps a work arround to retrieve steam workshop skin list if not then ill just cancel my service with them but for me its strange that the plugin worked fine 6 months ago and now when starting it it gives weird errors haha while other plugins using wskins dont get this error haha
    [DOUBLEPOST=1512495163][/DOUBLEPOST]anyway thank you for the quick responds wulf ^^

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like something you should report to the plugin's author if it's regarding skins, not really a server issue then.

9. Exception: ISteamUGC _ptr is null ???

10. you need to install steam client for this
    matter