1. deelight

deelight Naked Wanderer

Hi,

i installed a new 7dtd server with oxide. the log tells me that evrything is fine:

Code (Text):

20:45 [Info] Loading plugins...
    20:45 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity Core v2.0.3307 by Oxide Team
    20:45 [Info] Loaded plugin 7 Days to Die v2.0.3307 by Oxide Team

But there's a problem with two extensions. I dont knwo whats the problem. The files are not included in the oxide package. the error comes even if i create them:

Code (Text):

[Error] Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.CSharp (UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/gameserver/mods/7d2d/7d2ox/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/Mono.Posix.dll.config" is denied.)

20:45 [Error] Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.SQLite (UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/gameserver/mods/7d2d/7d2ox/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/System.Data.SQLite.dll.config" is denied.)
    Any ideas? Thx :)

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

2.0.3307 is not new and far from the latest.

3. deelight

deelight Naked Wanderer

okey... did not found anything via search so ty!

4. Wulf

There's no way to download that old of a version from our site. You can get the latest version from the Downloads page or from our GitHub repo.

5. deelight

deelight Naked Wanderer

6. Wulf

7. deelight

deelight Naked Wanderer

okey - i trusted the description "Latest Build" ;)

so, how to get the latest build? can u provide to the download please?
    ty!

8. Wulf

That is the latest build, which should be 2.0.3361, not 3307. Looks like I need to change the link though, as it should be Oxide-SevenDays.zip.

9. deelight

deelight Naked Wanderer

thanks, i give it a try!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 11, 2017 ---
    Code (Text):
    21:37 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity v2.0.3361 by Oxide Team
    21:37 [Info] Loaded plugin 7 Days to Die v2.0.3361 by Oxide Team

Okey, newer Version, but same issue like before. Any ideas?

Code (Text):
    [Error] Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.CSharp (UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/gameserver/mods/7d2d/7d2ox/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/Mono.Posix.dll.config" is denied.)

20:45 [Error] Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.SQLite (UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/gameserver/mods/7d2d/7d2ox/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/System.Data.SQLite.dll.config" is denied.)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 11, 2017 ---
    maybe u'll need some more information, this is the following stacktrace for the sqlite extension:

Code (Text):

21:37 [Stacktrace]   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
      at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamWriter:.ctor (string,bool,System.Text.Encoding)
      at System.IO.File.WriteAllText (System.String path, System.String contents, System.Text.Encoding encoding) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.IO.File.WriteAllText (System.String path, System.String contents) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.SQLite.SQLiteExtension..ctor (Oxide.Core.Extensions.ExtensionManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

10. deelight

deelight Naked Wanderer

i figured out what migth be the problem. all game-files are symlinked from a central directory to each gameserver directory to reduce diskspace.
    so the local gameserver cant open a file from central directory.

Access to the path "/gameserver/mods/7d2d/7d2ox/7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/Mono.Posix.dll.config" is denied

do you know which files have to run from the local dir to work properly?

For example:

currently, I copy the executeable and the Mono Files to the local gameserver, i already tested to copy the oxoide files and the hole "managed" directory to each gameserver dir but it still follows to the symlink directory.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  11. Wulf

A symlink should matter. It sounds like that file just isn't there (though we don't use that, but a rep may be looking for it).

12. deelight

deelight Naked Wanderer

Yes, the question ist what Files are linked when i load oxide... There must be something i currently just link in my gameserver directory...
    And it is not something from the Managed Dir or Mono Dir.

13. Wulf

There are a lot of dependencies, but that error simply means that file is missing that something (presumably Mono.Posix.dll) is looking for. The only reason Mono.Posix.dll would be used, is if your CSharpCompiler is not executable, so it's trying to make it so.

14. deelight

deelight Naked Wanderer

okey... solved it. i just gave the gs-user the permission to access these configs... crazy, but works now!