DiscordReport

Send reports from players in-game to a Discord server

Total Downloads: 639 - First Release: Feb 14, 2017 - Last Update: Mar 3, 2017

5/5, 3 likes
  1. They write the full stuff and it still says no permission.

2. Bobakanoosh updated DiscordReport with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1487549828][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I just tested on my own server giving the permission and revoking it, and it functioned as it should. Please make sure you're on the latest version and are using the correct syntax, and that you have it set up properly with the Discord API plugin.

3. The discord API setup means nothing if the report plugin permission isn't accepted. I will try the update you just pushed tomorrow.

4. Is there a way to tweak this to be a cross chat between my Rust and Discord servers? Would your bot server support this or would I need to make my own (and hopefully on Linux).

5. just
    As in you could do something like
    Code:
    In discord:
    +say Hello Users!In rust:
    Hello Users!
    ?
    If so, I'll look into it.

6. Bobakanoosh updated DiscordReport with a new update entry:

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

@Bokakanoosh, you may want to take a look at the Covalence Formatter instead of trying to create your own formatter.
    Oxide/Formatter.cs at develop · OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub

Bold text:
    Code:
    [b]Text[/b]
    Or were you handling this for the sending to Discord itself I guess? In that case, ignore this. :p

8. Yes haha it's part of discord :p
    Thanks though!

9. Bobakanoosh updated DiscordReport with a new update entry:

10. Still permission issues.

Done:

grant group default discordreport.use
    grant group vip discordreport.use

Still nothing. No player can even do /dr help

11. Fixed in 0.5.2

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2017
  12. Bobakanoosh updated DiscordReport with a new update entry:

13. Bobakanoosh updated DiscordReport with a new update entry:

14. Hey, sorry I haven't checked the forums lately. But yes, this is exactly when I'm asking. I want to give active players more incentive to use my Discord and keep in touch with fellow players w/o having to login to the Rust server.

Also there is the second part of my question about the bot on the Discord side. For one, I'm having trouble getting it to work. I'm trying to figure it all out, just a bit of a learning curve for me. Or perhaps your bot server(s) could do this for me?

If anyone reading this is good at coding, would be nice to have a Discord chat-bot that works on Linux. It would just be convenient to have it running on the same box as my Rust server than having it run on my Desktop Windows PC. :p

Thanks Bobakanoosh!

15. I PM'ed you the join info :)

As to the discord-to-rust, I'm not sure :/ I'm not at that level yet lol. Maybe if there was already existing code for sending the messages, then I could, but I would have no idea where to start without that.

16. I was thinking on the Rust chat to Discord and vis versa thing. Could there at least be a chat command players can use to send a message to the Discord Chat-bot to put in a Discord Text channel? Perhaps even list what Text Channels are available specify which one to send text to (as well as a default Channel)?

And on the Discord side the Chatbot could be listening in to that said default Text Channel but can be commanded to send specific text from any channel (or Private Message) when ordered too? Hell, would be pretty freak'n neat if it could send text to a specific player even.

Yeah, I know this is a lot to order, but surely it's possible and I think we only reached the tip of what is possible with a Discord plugin on a Rust server.

Also, worthy of note. On my Oxide Modded server I use BetterChat.

Thanks for the Active replies, I hope I'm giving you some ideas to think about too!

17. It's 100% possible but I don't have that kind of knowledge. The current Discord API plugin (for oxide) doesn't support multiple text channels, although I've been trying to get the dev to do so.

For example, sending messages from rust to discord wasn't necessarily a big challenge because the framework was already there. I just needed to use the Discord.Call() function he gave and poof! I have no idea where to start to make the code behind that.

18. Works like a baws now; thanks!

Update; ONE Report went out straight away - flawless. Came up in console etc and worked.

Tried to report a second time and nothing happened.

The first time a player reported it came up in the console with text saying play x reported player y for 213
    -------------------------------------------------
    lines in it looked neat and tidy.

HOWEVER; Ever since the first report NOTHING else shows up; the command executes fine for the player; but nothing is shown in the console either. Tried unloading and reloading to no avail.

Not supposed to be a one trick pony i guess :S

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
  19. Could you try going to the previous version without the command cooldowns? that'd be my first guess, although I thought I tested it :I
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487889646][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: I had another user test it with normal perms and it worked perfectly. Please try deleting the plugin and all its configs, and then re-doing it.

20. Nope it seems to require exact name which can be really difficult if people have weird characters in their name; for example if a play is Flying Turtle you need to do /dr "Flying Turtle" reason else it won't work.

If you could you could update it so you can do /dr flying reason that would be awesome :)