DiscordReport

Send reports from players in-game to a Discord server

Total Downloads: 639 - First Release: Feb 14, 2017 - Last Update: Mar 3, 2017

5/5, 3 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't think you uploaded 0.4.2, it's 0.4.0 with no command customization. ;)

2. Bobakanoosh updated DiscordReport with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1487285132][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Maybe now? It's literally just 2 strings being changed.

3. I love you so much.

4. The instruction to actually add a bot manager should be clearer, as not everyones dealt with a bot before. Upon first read, it seemed like Discord offered this functionality.

5. Well, If you don't have access to the direct files for it and the secret key from it theres not much you can really do :V

6. I have access to the key. The discord server is hosted by discord, I'm talking about the .exe that the dev wanted us to run.

Edit: Of Course I can upload the bot, but I wouldn't be able to run the executable?

7. I've lost you here, So your following this guide on discordreport or the Just-some-bots one?

8. Discordreport. I want to know how I can install a bot on a dedicated hosted rust server. Ofcourse I can upload the files, but the instructions talk about running an executable. This can't be done on a hosted server? so I'm curious what else can be done.

9. Well, Sadly you can't really do that.

I mean you can probably make a batch file and such but other than that I don't know.

10. *Looks at Wulf* - So am I right to think that this plugin is really only usable for those who self host a server?

Maybe it's worth asking the host, I tihnk it's a brillaint idea. I wasn't sure if it was possible to use another bots token(If they're shared?) from carbonix.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Why would that be the case?

12. *Feel free to delete these*, but I can't add the bot functionality because it's an executable, how would I add this to a hosted server and run it from the server.

The first few instructions are only for the bots user profile.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd have to run it from another location, not your actual game server. I believe the Discord API has methods for normal web hooks though, so I'm not sure why a bot would be necessary.

14. Are there any alternatives apart from running it from your own computer, because then functionality would be.. partial. *waves a tiny green flag* *Reads the second sentence, then looks at Bobakanoosh*

Edit: The idea of this plugin is awesome by the way, a rust community likes to talk to each other, so logging into discord feels a lot better than looking at tickets for example.

15. Please private message me for my bot's token and join link. This should be 24/7 hosting because the server it's on is. We usually have no downtime but things happen. On occasion the bot itself could disconnect for whatever reason, so I'll try to check every once and a while to see if it's still going.

I'm only giving it to those who message me to try and filter out some spam :p

16. Bobakanoosh updated DiscordReport with a new update entry:

17. grant group default discordreport.use

People still saying they can't do /dr keeps telling them no permision?

18. Works fine for me (and others) although I'll test it later tonight once I'm home. Make sure to try doing something like /dr help or a full command, not just /dr.