1. before the last update I plugged in my server without problems
    now of this error
    [​IMG]
    does anyone know how to solve?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Either your server is outdated, or your client is outdated. I'd recommend checking for updates on both.

3. My client is updated
    my server is out of date
    do not know how to update it
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426274377][/DOUBLEPOST]steamcmd ?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426274419][/DOUBLEPOST]solved thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426274956][/DOUBLEPOST]everything is updated
    but the same error remains
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426275619][/DOUBLEPOST]the problem is on the server
    because I am connected to other servers

4. Did you wipe and reload your map? It throws a outdated checksum error.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you installing an older Oxide build?

6. how do this?

not

7. go into your server files, and go to the "save" file, turn off the sevrer, delete al the sav files, and reboot the server. This will have your map reload fresh and wiped.

8. still continues
    to update the server is only running steamcmd.exe ?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

10. very grateful even

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  11. I know this isn't a problem with Oxide, but anyone else seeing this? Only about 2% of players can join my server. I can't connect either.

Streamline host, My client = Windows8, latest Server side rust update, lastest Oxide

xxx/ kicked: Wrong Connection Protocol
    [Oxide] 8:54 AM [Info] BoxLooters: Data saved!
    [Oxide] 8:54 AM [Info] TwigsDecay: Decayed 20 blocks (5 destroyed) and 0 barricades (0 destroyed)
    xxx kicked: Wrong Connection Protocol

12. Client side? People were not even able to join BEFORE I updated the server side. Really weird.

13. It seems as if oxide libs uses old protocoll, so we need to wait for new oxide update. Pure Rust servers will work of course, but with oxide, no way :/

14. Weird. Not sure how Oxide has anything to do with clients not being able to connect.

15. Hello. I'm getting the same error. And I've already updated my game and the server. What could it be?

16. Oxide is not updated yet (at least not the snapshots/download in the download section) so that's still on yesterdays update where Rust used the connection protocol 1248, today's update bumped that to 1249, so if you are still running a 1248 server people running the updated client (1249) won't be able to connect.

17. I think there are some libs, oxide needs to overload / replace. You overwrite some files in your game server, maybe those are used to identify the version.

Oh well, Mughisi explained it already :)

18. Did you update Oxide yourself or did you use the file I attached to a post in the builds thread? If you've used the latest snapshot or the version available in the downloads section you're running the version for yesterdays update and not todays.

19. Ahhhhh. OK. I am not awake yet. :)

20. I'm using the Oxide on the download section. What do I have to do to get the other one?