1. So i have set up a dedicated server about a week ago and now i constantly have 10+ but <30 players on my server. My cpu is an i5 6600K with 4.3GHz OC and 16gb ram. Im running a 1Gbps internet connection connected by wire. But recently im having this annoying lag that hits the server once every about 30 mins and more common at some times. The CPU Usage for Rust Dedicated drops down to 0.x% and friends would steam message me saying the server is lagging. Sometimes to fix it, ill go to the console and type something. The moment i type anything the server returns to normal and the console gets spammed with players getting "kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick" and "Steam: AuthTicketCanceled" or something like this " CooldownHack: T-0.0234375s (hatchet.entity)" messages. How can i fix this? Players complain of getting kicked often after a huge lag.

2. I have the same problem from time to time, any solution ?

3. Hi, I contacted Facepunch and they replied me. They said that clicking on the console (black part) or sometimes scrolling up will cause it to hang. Solution is the press the Enter key before clicking out of the console. Hope it helps

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can disable that feature of in the Properties for Window's console window by disabling Quickedit mode.

5. thx.sometimes when i scrolling up console server restarting that

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Any console selection or scrolling will cause the server to freeze. Best to not mess with it on a live server.

7. yes i see that.but sometimes i just look what happening server that time when i am off.mayby i should use RCON more