1. I have just compiled a new Rust using SteamCMD but my RustDedicated.exe keeps crashing when I try to start it any ideas.. Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please upload your latest Rust logs, Unity logs (output_log.txt), and Oxide logs if using it.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

He didn't, he marked it as Solved when posting. ;)

4. Well I thought I have solved this I compiled the sever on another computer ran it and it worked perfect.. then I moved the files on to my server computer I still get the error. Sorry for the premature solved.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There doesn't appear to be any issue or errors from Oxide, the only thing I see is an odd error from a Rust shader file/Direct3D.

6. Well now... could it be that I have a video card hooked up to my server. ? I will remove my video card and run the file and report back. Also thank you very much Wulf you are the best as always.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Pretty sure a video card is needed to run it the server, even though there really isn't anything that uses it. Are you using -batchmode when starting the server? Also, you might try using -nographics and see if that changes anything. I haven't seen the error reported anywhere else though. It could be outdated files, or something on the server that is unsupported, but those are just guesses.

8. Well.. I am in fact using -batchmode followed your awesome helpful tut. :) And I will include -nographics in my .bat and report back. Also I have updated everything on my sever including graphics drivers, server files, Oxide, plugins, and anything else I can think of. And I would also like to note I have physical access to my server, and this is the first time getting this error after this latest update. I forgot to mention this only happened with I open the server directly with rustdedicated.exe
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442724687][/DOUBLEPOST]@Wulf I have found the problem I switched out my GTX 280 on my server for a Radeon HD 6570. So in other words Nvidia for a server is crap, so anyone else having any kind of Graphics errors just switch out your graphics card.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442725663][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are the new log files errors are cleared.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It should work either way. Are your Nvidia drivers a bit outdated? Also, what is the box behind the server console? That shouldn't be there if launching from the server.

10. Yes drivers are updated fully for Nvidia before I switched them out same error. Also I am loading the server directly from the rustdedicated.exe not the startserver.bat.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ah, yeah, you shouldn't be starting the server that way in general. It's meant to be launched with -batchmode to hide any graphical elements.

12. I do start it with startserver.bat, I was just running it from rustdedicated.exe for the first time after compiling it to load all the server files. But issues have been resolved by switching out videocards.