CustomChatCommands

Moved

Total Downloads: 1,432 - First Release: Feb 5, 2017 - Last Update: May 22, 2018

5/5, 6 likes
  1. PsychoTea submitted a new resource:

CustomChatCommands - Allows you to add new chat commands

Read more about this resource...

2. Will test it now on my hurtworld server. TY In advance!

3. This would be very nice! Thanks!

4. Can make for many lines?
    BC show only last line
    upload_2017-2-5_20-26-51.png

5. Don't use multiple messages. Just use \n when you want a linebreak.

6. i know this, but few lines on 1 command - so nice ;)

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Using \n in your message would give you a new line as he mentioned.

8. I know about this :D
    Example:

"/help

SERVER: This is help text:
    SERVER: 1. Test
    SERVER: 2. Test
    SERVER: 3. Test
    SERVER: 4. Test
    Help end. "

Code:
    {
    "message": "This is help text:"
    "message": "1. Test"
    "message": "2. Test"
    "message": "3. Test"
    "message": "4. Test\nHelp end."
    }

9. What would be the point in this?

I could add it, but it would make the config file look more complicated than it needs to be.

10. This is great! It gave me a little fright when it said it had replaced my /info command (from ServerInfo) on first load, but I removed /info from the config and reloaded both plugins and all was well. I think a lot of people use ServerInfo, so it might be a good idea to remove /info from the default config. :)

Request/Suggestion: Make some chat commands only appear to the person who requested them. For example, someone does /help and they get a private chat message that says "Do /info for server help and rules" rather than spam the message to the whole server. No biggy, but would be nice.

As for s3r4's request, I get it. It would make the config files easier to read is what I think he's trying to get across. +1

11. Thanks for the suggestion - I completely forgot about ServerInfo so I'll remove that in the next update :)

This is already how it works, it only sends the player who ran the command the message. Unless you mean it the other way around, and want the whole server to see when one player runs a chat command.

12. D'oh! I totally misunderstood what this plugin was supposed to do. I thought it was mainly a shortcut for mods and admins to use as a quick reply to common questions asked. I'm sorry, I've been doing some weird hours just recently, that's my only excuse. I read it as...

Someone asks "Is there a website?" and the admin goes /web and it broadcasts "The website is at domain.dom, join the forum."

So as it doesn't do that, how about making it do that too? ;-)

13. Haha no worries buddy. That doesn't sound like a bad idea! Maybe something like a "broadcast" true/false option, and then you'd add a permission to make it admin only? That seems like the best way of doing it.
    Give me a few minutes here and I'll see what I can rustle up.

14. PsychoTea updated CustomChatCommands with a new update entry:

15. That was fast! :)

Tested, works great.

One more thing (Columbo impression)... Is it possible to do command substitution and queue them? For example:-
    Code:
        "vkg": {
          "message": "/vanish\n/kit admin\n/god",
          "permission": "customchatcommands.admin",
          "broadcast": false
        },
    or maybe if it's a command rather than a message:-
    Code:
        "vkg": {
          "command": "/vanish\n/kit admin\n/god",
        },
    I get it if it's a bit fiddly, but it would be useful and save some typing.

16. If I'm seeing this right, you want it to run multiple commands as the player when the player does /<command>?
    So as in your example, it would be /vkg which would run the three commands you listed?

17. Yep, you got it. Even better if it could also run console commands at the same time. e.g. noclip and a couple of keybinds that keep getting broken every time I start Rust up. (I gave up on the keybinds in the the end.)

I can't begin to tell you how useful this plugin has been in the short amount of time I've used it. Last night I used it to explain to a player that was complaining he couldn't find a supply signal to join the Steam Group and get a free supply signal every day. Then I used it to explain how /sil works, and finally I used it to tell a player where the Discord server was. Once you've added the Custom Chat Command once, it's a HUGE time saver.

Examples (my domain removed so I'm not advertising my server):-

Code:
        "donate": {
          "message": "domain.dom/donate",
          "broadcast": true
        },
        "web": {
          "message": "Visit the website - <color=lime>domain.dom</color> - and get and learn cool things.",
        },
        "sgroup": {
          "message": "Join the Steam group (link at <color=lime>domain.dom</color>) - and get a <color=yellow>FREE</color> supply signal every day.",
        },
        "voice": {
          "message": "Discord server at <color=lime>domain.dom/voice</color>",
        },
        "vip": {
          "message": "Get free VIP at <color=lime>domain.dom/donate</color>.\nFollow the <color=yellow>FREE</color> link and enter your name and email address.",
        },
        "silh": {
          "message": "To use /sil, get a URL to an image on the web (.PNG, .JPG, .JPEG only) and then you can do\n<color=orange>/sil http://domain.dom/image.png</color>\nand it will paste the image onto the picture frame or sign that you're looking at.",
        },
        "ahelp": {
          "message": "Broadcast chat commands\n/donate\n/sgroup\n/silh\n/web\n/voice\n/vip",
        },
        "help": {
          "message": "Do /info for server help and rules.",
          "permission": "",
        }
    As other instances come up, I'll just add them as they happen to the list.

VERY cool plugin. :)

18. Yeah those features will both be possible. One thing you might wanna try is using the writecfg command to save your binds to disk ;)
    Code:
    bind l noclip
    writecfg

19. Your Plugin interferes with the built-in console command "serverinfo", causing WebRCON tools to fail (example: http://myrustadmin.com) as the response becomes "<color=lime>Insert your server info here!</color>" instead of the correct built-in serialized json object.

20. Ah shit. I didn't realize "serverinfo" was a command... v1.1.1 fixes this; the default "serverinfo" command is now "sinfo".