1. Code:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustPlayerManager.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Game.Rust.Libraries.Covalence.RustCovalenceProvider.CreatePlayerManager () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Covalence.Covalence.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.OxideMod.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Interface.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Bootstrap.Init_Tier0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Bootstrap+<Start>c__Iterator6.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Any ideas? does this mean oxide isnt installed, can't start the server anymore. Host is trying to sort it but thought i'd ask here.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you could, please provide your full server logs as well as a list of plugins you are using.

3. That's what i can find that shows anything of the error.

Attached Files:

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That isn't your full log. Could you provide your full output_log.txt (or whatever -logFile is output to) please?

5. Here we are, but its similiar to what i posted.

Attached Files:

6. -uK

-uK

Attached Files:

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't see why it would have stopped working. It was working fine with 1380, then after a restart it wasn't. Was anything changed between that time?

Also, remove Oxide.Ext.Rust.dll, that hasn't been used for quite a few months. It was automatically removed for a few months, but not anymore.

8. -uK

-uK

I've removed that file.

Nothing was changed between the two periods, it's very strange as other clients on the same node have Oxide working correctly.
    I've tried fresh installs of Oxide + STEAM updates etc.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah... first time I've seen that error too, and nothing has changed to what the error is mentioning in weeks.

Could you try without all plugins to see if that changes it?

10. The only thing i did was put in a couple of airdrops, then i looked back a few mins later. Server wasn't responding but i don't see how one plugin can make it unresponsive like that.

11. -uK

-uK

Already tried removing all plugins.
    Same thing happens.

I'm going to try copying all Oxide files from a working server to see if that resolves it.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You have Oxide installing directly from GitHub normally, correct?

13. -uK

-uK

That's correct.
    I also just tried Oxide files from another clients server which hasn't fixed it.

14. Spoke too soon.

15. -uK

-uK

Hi Antec,

That was just me uninstalling Oxide as a test.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Have you tried backing up the save (particularly the UserPersistence.db and world save) and tried a fresh one? That seems to be the only real difference between this and others right now. I'm not sure what exactly would be causing the error with Oxide though.

17. -uK

-uK

Update:

I've manged to resolve it.
    I renamed 'data' in the oxide folders.

So it appears that somehow broke..

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Hmmm, sounds like oxide.covalence.playerdata.json somehow borked then. The error makes sense now! Could you upload that file here please? I'll pass it by the guys knowledgeable with that and see if they can find a solution to fix it in the future.

19. Thanks guys for all your help!

20. -uK

-uK

I have just opened the file and can confirm it is completely broken.
    Enjoy

Attached Files: