1. So i have been running server before, but from another network.
    I recently moved and now that i try to setup a dedicated server it doesent realy work.
    I have port forwarded 28015, and i have checked windows firewall that its allowing rustdedicated. I even turned off windows firewall but it doesent change anything. When i connect through my local ip it works but when i pick the server from community server browser it doesent let me. No people outside mu network can connect to the server either.
    The only thing i feel suspicious about is that when i launch the server it says by the end:
    Code:
    Couldn't load server/......
    Missing EnvSync - Creating
    Missing ComminutyEntity - Creating
    Missing ResourceDepositManager - Creating.
    But i dunno if thats what messing it upp cause it still starts to run and like i said i can connect localy
    Code:
    D:\SteamCMD\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\Server +app_update 258550 validate +quitRustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.ip 0.0.0.0 +server.hostname "Testserver" +server.port "28015" +server.tickrate "30" +server.maxplayers "200" +server.worldsize 4000 +server.identity "Testserver" +server.saveinterval 60 -logfile "gamelog.txt"

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2017
  2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If players cannot connect to the server from outside your network but you can connect locally, then it is more than likely a firewall or lack of port forwarding (I know you said you forwarded).

3. Thanks for replying so quickly, i mailed my isp asking if they have blocked any ports but i highly doubt that.
    And i myself still cant connect through the browser, just by console

4. So ive been talking to my ISP and they told me that their not blocking any ports.
    However i downloaded PFConfig and when i check if the port is open it says it is, but none of the internet based tests says its open.
    When i test a port in PFConfig and try the same on the internet it says its open but as fast as i try a new one in PFConfig the old one is closed again on the internet test. It behaves very strange.
    Ive tried a couple like:
    Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router
    Open Port Check Tool
    Port Checker - Check Open Ports Online

5. Restarted your network?

6. Check you ip.pc console ipconfig.then check you router and ports what you open its need to be you pc ip there.if you ip its change make you ip static then.
    My server works right but i need to lockin game with console its newer works another way my case.after you think server work go check some rust server website and look if you find you server there.if you find that check its also online.if its online then its work.
    Ps.check many websites,some of them take long time when server show up.longest take 24 hours

7. @BoT V@3n$t3r
    if this is part of your startup bat file remove it
    Code:
    D:\SteamCMD\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\Server +app_update 258550 validate +quit