1. Hi everyone

I'm not a real plugin devlopper at the moment but I'm learning and want to contribute!

As Oxide 2 plugins start to add. I think it is the best time to start a list or a tracking of some kind of the /commands arleady used.

I dont know how it could be done but I think I/you/we should think about it BEFORE there is too much plugins and the tracking become impossible.

Anyway that as just my 2 cents...

2. Well, currently all the plugins for Oxide 2.0 are here: http://oxidemod.org/resources/ as you can see the list isn't that big yet however it's growing steadily :) but normally before someone starts working on a plugin they check if there is one available already or something similar and this should give some information on the commands being used already or not. At some point the amount of plugins being offered will be huge and the chances on duplicate commands will grow bigger, but usually if two or more plugins use the same command they'll do the same thing as well so then it's just a matter of picking one of the plugins.

And even when we would keep a list of the commands used in all the plugins, I'm pretty sure not everyone will check it before creating and adding a plugin. Even when duplicate commands are used in different plugins, it is really easy just to modify this.

3. I understand your point! As i know little bit about programmimg I can modify command name myself. And i must admit there is not many plugin doing diffrent thing with same commands name. But when it happen and the user (server admin) has no experience, he wont be able to use both plugins he want...

It was a simple suggestion and i know case of same commands are pretty rare.

4. Well, it will most likely happen at some point that two different plugins will use the same command but when that happens eventually someone that has downloaded both plugins will notice and will (hopefully) reply on one or both plugin discussions and hopefully one of the developers will modify his plugin, or give instructions on how to modify the command to those who have no experience with it. Or perhaps even someone else who keeps busy reading all posts will reply with the solution for those users :)

5. Yeah i think you are right! I had this idea but you make me realize the effort keeping such list will be alot bigger that the number of uses for it.

Thank you Mughisi!

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If a plugin author doesn't check before he makes a plugin that may conflict, then tsk tsk. The server will error though if you do have conflicting commands being registered I believe, so if that happens then the author would need to resolve it by using another command or just instructing users to use one of or the other, not both.