Compass

Compass like in PUBG game

Total Downloads: 3,430 - First Release: Aug 16, 2017 - Last Update: Sep 1, 2017

5/5, 12 likes
  1. bazuka5801 submitted a new resource:

Compass - Compass like in PUBG game

Read more about this resource...

2. bazuka5801 updated Compass with a new update entry:

3. Not a bad plugin. Would it be possible it could be trimmed so it doesn't go from edge to edge of the screen? Maybe just the middle part of the screen, or give a way to adjust the width and position. And, for me, it isn't showing an indicator for where I am looking at specifically. Like on PUBG, there's the little arrow pointing down to show where you are looking at specifically. I don't see that on my end.

Also, when the plugin is unloaded, it keeps the compass on the screen, just frozen.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2017
  4. Disregard

5. Would it be possible to change the black bar to say like a small triangle? The only reason I ask is that currently the bar overlaps the messages I have... See below:
    20170816121410_1.jpg

Perhaps have something like this:

compass.png

6. awesome plugin man! but yeah the 2 things the above comments did would be awesome, maybe make it a config file where you can adjust the position for it, and then a arrow underneath instead of the black pointer ;)

7. Neat plugin! only suggestion i have that'd i'd like if i used this would be to make the outer locations slowly fade out. Like if you're looking south then east/west angels would be faded so it didn't reach from one side of screen to another. If it's not possible then that's fine. Just a idea to make it not so HUD hungry

8. for some reason this is making frames drop by 40 and causes small lag spikes any reason for this ?

9. It could save bandwidth by having the compass image on the server rather than on imgur. Have it say in the oxide/data directory and call it from there. Might reduce some lag?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It wouldn't save any bandwidth, you'd just be using more server resources as the client would have to download from the server instead of a remote URL.

11. Great plugin, I'd love it if it was more compact in the top middle of your screen and without the blackbar, something more small and less distracting.

Watching plugin for updates.

12. I'm with the rest, a slimmed down version or a config that we could control the size would be great.

13. I have issues with the compass thru the Console command (see pic) I have never edited anything here. Any ideas as to why it is not showing on my test server?

upload_2017-9-1_12-21-52.png

Attached Files:

14. the plugin needs an update

15. Oh much thanks it looks much neater than the UCompass where I got to adjust the height of the compass from 1000 to 13,000 which is another plugin I kind of like but want this compass much more.

16. yeah there has been a lot of interest in it but since it was first released there has been 0 work done on it. I think it's possibly been abandoned tbh

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Compass with a new update entry:

18. yeah shrink it and look into resolving the performance loss im having reported to me . great idea. thanks

19. Also maybe a command to enable/disable it since some players dont want it.