Solved Commands not working

Discussion in '7 Days to Die Discussion' started by Arlian, Aug 2, 2017.

  1. Arlian

    Arlian Naked Wanderer

    Hey guys,

    I'm trying to install oxide for a 7D2D server and I'm having a few problems. I've downloaded multiple different versions of the oxide mod from both the dl.bintray.com website (which confusingly has three different files:
    Oxide-7DaysToDie-SNAPSHOT.zip, Oxide-SevenDays-SNAPSHOT.zip and Oxide-SevenDays.zip) and from the download page on oxidemod.org. After extracting the folders from any of these zips and booting up the server everything seems to be working and shows me that oxide version is 2.0.3385 in the bottom right corner of the command screen, but when I try to follow the instructions set out in Installing and configuring plugins for Oxide | Oxide I'm failing at the first hurdle. When I type oxide.version into the console in either the command line or in game it shows with unknown command "oxide.version".
    [URL='https://dl.bintray.com/oxidemod/builds/Oxide-7DaysToDie-SNAPSHOT.zip'][/URL]
    I'm getting a feeling that I may have an outdated version, but unfortunately I can't seem to find where the latest version would be, and I'm unsure of how to use GitHub where the latest files might be. Is there a detailed instruction guide for downloading and installing the oxide mod, or is there a download link for the latest bundled version of oxide?

    Many thanks
    Arlian
     
  2. Wulf

    Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

    Download > extract > overwrite. Those are the only steps needed. The correct one is the one linked from our Downloads page, the Oxide-SevenDays.zip.
     
  3. Arlian

    Arlian Naked Wanderer

    Hey Wulf, thanks for the quick reply.

    I've extracted the zip from the download page into my 7 Days To Die Dedicated Server folder, and I've started the server and everything runs fine, but when I type oxide.version into the command console I get "unknown command "oxide version"". Neither of the two plugins I've installed seem to be working either, which are the DaySeven and EconomicSystem plugins. I've checked the output logs but I don't seem to see anything out of the ordinary (although I'm no programmer).

    Here's a link to the pastebin of the oxide log file: 01:56 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.3384... 01:56 [Info] Loading extensions... - Pastebin.com
    And here's a link to the compiler log file: [SERVER v1.0.24] Started as service [SERVER v1.0.24] Running as service [SERVE - Pastebin.com

    Is there a step I'm missing out? I can't seem to figure out where I'm going wrong, the instructions are pretty simple as you've stated above.
     
  4. Wulf

    Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

    It may not have an oxide.version command yet (pretty sure it doesn't), but it looks like your plugins are loading just fine without errors.
     
  5. Arlian

    Arlian Naked Wanderer

    Ahh, it was a very huge human error on my part in the end. I got the plugins because I saw another server use them, and I was using the command !day7 instead of /day7 because that what I was remembering from the previous server. Everything seems to be completely fine and working normal now, thank you very much for the help.