1. WHAT!? HELP ME PLZ
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453094467][/DOUBLEPOST]KOREA 에러 SORRY KK [ error ]

Attached Files:

2. Hello, "Wulf", how replace color "Welcome message", replace - red. Help me, plz.
    Later replace chat - white

3. broken.jpg
    Sometimes hurtworld chat is broken like this picture.

<color=white>broken message</color>

I use betterchat plugin. but when i was don't use that plugin
    also same broken.

How to fix this situation?

4. Still no fix?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I believe the Hurtworld devs are working on a fix, should be in the next update.

6. Cool, looking forward to it.

7. HTML is still showing up sometimes on my server. I thought it is fixed? Using: Welcome Messages, Advert´s ect....

8. Mine does it too, very rarely but it does. They didnt fix it 100% I guess

9. can confirm aswell, chat breaks from time to time, but not as often as it used to . nevertheless still annoying hope the dev's get to the bottom of this issue pretty soon

10. huh that´s so annoying :/

11. If it's still happening, it is (I believe) because color codes are being incorrectly formatted in chat through some other plugin that we can't control. The issue before was that we built the chat as one big string and then concatenated it, meaning that we could occasionally cut off the starting color tag. Now, we build the chat one entry at a time so this won't happen.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It'd probably be best to have each message as one string, this will also fix the issue where a lot of chat at once causes the client to freeze up, lag, and make the chat hidden due to a Unity limitation.

13. I have that bug when i use advert message like "Bla... bla... bla... /command <name>" , i change "<name>" to "(name)" and all ok. Check adverts and welcome messages

14. Attached Files:

15. Digging this out could you possibly add a scroll bar on the chat as the current uparrow functions terribly for going up and down.
    Also the Chat has been doing the html stuff to me as well as of late.

16. I would like to know why my chat is like this?
    NOTE: I did not make any modifications to the plugins / lang
    Captura de Tela (63).png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486484194][/DOUBLEPOST]@Wulf

17. Try removing the other styling, like size and all that. Really the only formatting that works right now in hurtworld is like the following example

"<color=colorname or hexcode> Your Message Here </color>"

Size and font-styles either don't work at all or they work but cause tons of chat lag and errors, from my personal experience.

If you just use the color name, you do not use a hex (#) at the beginning. If you use a hex code, then you use #. I recommend the following site to get your hex codes

Color Hex Color Codes

Also try not to go too crazy as the more color codes you have in your chat output, the more laggy chat can get. For example I recently had to redo my adverts in a way that they only use one color. Before I'd have two colors in each advert and it caused chat lag. Although right now chat lag seems to be somewhat of an issue no matter what, unless you don't run oxide mods (think it's on Hurtworld's side though because there used to be no chat lag until one of the summer patches)

Also even just ONE broken code will mess up your entire chat for a time. It is a bit difficult to tell which is actually broken by just chat alone unless you saw precisely which message popped up at the moment chat broke. Best to just go into the file yourself and search for where you screwed up.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017