1. Hello,

I've noticed that since the August 3rd update that a lot of my players are experiencing very high memory usage (client side). However, I can almost guarantee that the issue isn't server side as the server only has about 6GB RAM max before it automatically restarts itself (which hasn't happened at all).

Is anyone aware of any common plugins that are really causing difficulty with RAM usage?

-OR-

If I provided a list of plugins, would anyone be able to take a quick peak and let me know if they see anything that would conflict?

Thanks for your anticipated responses.

-Bill

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The only thing that would really affect the client from the server would be entities spawned and the CUI (GUI). The majority of server-side things are just that, server-side; which would include plugins.

3. Thanks for the quick reply Wulf. My Entity count is 55k right now (which is quite low). I don't believe I'm running anything GUI... I have InfoPanel, Kits (no gui though for it) and LustyMap. Anything else you can think of that might play a role?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1502255812][/DOUBLEPOST]Would Skins play a role?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Skins would play a bit part, especially if the client is downloading massive amounts of them.

5. We have a few players who have skins for literally everything, and offer to use the Repair Bench to change them into other skins for anyone who wants... If that makes sense? Literally, every door, crate, hat has a skin from a few players. That would do it I assume?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Maybe, it depends if all players actually download all of those skins or if just that specific client has them all.

7. Okay, and has anyone else mentioned anything like this happening? It seems odd that it happened since that update. Literally, the RAM usage goes from 2 - 4gb at first, and then about half hour or so later, it's sitting around 9-10gb, and then higher depending on the system's memory. Am I the only one?

8. Update - I unloaded LustyMap, and the memory issues disappeared. Can anyone else see a problem with LustyMap? Someone mentioned it on the LustyMap Thread, but no response.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

LustyMap uses the CUI; which the CUI can be resource intensive on the Rust client, especially with frequent updates.

10. Any idea a way to reduce it's impact?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not really, sort of the issue with the CUI from Rust.

12. Ok. Again, thanks for your help in this Wulf. Your response times are outstanding and you're an asset to the game. Take care.

13. I actually had a similar issue which seemed to resolve itself, players were getting massive spikes up to 12gb. Does it have any correlation to other players logging in in their proximity?

14. Surprisingly, no. My population for the server has been about 10-15 players. As such, the population density isn't an issue. I unloaded LustyMap and the problem solved itself. My conclusion is that LustyMap and the image library are causing this leak. Other players have mentioned it on LustyMaps discussion thread as well.