1. Hey there,

i hope you can help me. I started a server 3 weeks ago for me and my friends/clan with some mods. All worked fine, after the last update (thursday) we get memory leak (RustClient) issues on the server. It was updated and wiped thursday. On other servers with a lot more players/entities we dont get the leak. Is there any common issue i wasnt able to find?

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Greetings,

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are using a lot of CUI, that can tend to increaase memory usage a good amount on the client.

3. Hi Wulf

thanks for your fast answer! It seems to be that youre right, i disabled all GUI plugins and the mem usage keeps the same +-100mb.

These GUI plugins are installed:
    LustyMap
    InfoPanel
    SkipNightUI

It looks like InfoPanel is the only plugin that doesnt trigger that issue. Lustymap continuously fill up ram, after 45-60min 16gb ram full.
    SkipNightUI is filling the ram while /voteday is in progress. Vote time is 4 minutes, in these 4 minutes the ram fill about 250mb. In these time a GUI is shown.

It looks like the client dont clear downloaded images from GUI refreshes.

I dont know why this now appear, all worked fine for 2 weeks, even after 12hours playtime. Do you have any idea?

Thanks and greetings,

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2017
  4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The CUI is pretty much all handled by the Rust client, so I don't think there's much you can do from the server.