Solved Chat prefixes

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Hirsty, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Yes, that's all working now, I guess I assumed that any config variables would be globally available.

Thanks for all the tips and info guys!

I think, I'm ready to release it to the public... :) How do I go about that?

- TheDoc
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422635736][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, I have added it to the Resources... let's see if ppl like it.

2. Hello guys I am trying to find a plugin or anyway that I could possibly have groups (Moderator, Donor, Admin) and give them their own prefixes. I did download a plugin called VipName but it is not working for me. If anyone knows of a fix or another plugin I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

4. Looking for a plugin to simply set colorized Tags/titles for a person's UID. I tried the Titles and Ranks one but had some serious issues.

5. Issues as in?

6. Very similar to the original chat handler plugin on oxide 1.18 http://oxidemod.org/resources/chat-handler.594/

I would like a simple setup for name prefixes and coloured chat, e.g ..

[Owner] skream: green coloured text

[Donator] Villius: Orange coloured text

I would be willing to donate on PayPal to whoever can provide this!

7. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's simple as that.

8. a lot more needs to be ported to transfrom chathandler 1.18 to 2.0
    it's not hard, but it's not as simple ^^

9. Also I would like to use the hex colours like the old system did. Not sure if it works the same by default.

I know I used hex colours in other 2.0 mods like death handler and custom chat commands.

Just not sure if any additional programming is needed for 2.0 support.

10. It's possible to use hex colors. I'm just using those default ones, because they satisfy me.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430918744][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG]

Many colors in one text with hex.

11. Nice! So do you have anything sorted for oxide 2.0 yet?

12. Im currently working on a kind of rewrite of ChatHandler for Exp and after thats done I'll hopefully get a version for legacy together.
    As Reneb said the changes arent hard its simply time consuming and thats what we all have the least.

13. Thanks for the response! Moving my legacy server to oxide 2.0 on Friday, was really hoping I could have some form of colour chat or prefix for certain players sorted before then, that's just wishful thinking unfortunately.

I understand how time consuming it can be, I would love to donate to you guys if something gets released some though! :)

14. Hello all,

I run a server with a couple friends. Lately we've had some issues where dedicated players get upset when engaging with or being engaged by admins. On my server we do not have any "admin" plugins, such as godmode or player markers. There are literally no benefits to being an admin other than being able to spectate and having access to default rust administration.

In order to fix the problem, we made it so that admins show in all lists (such as /players) without any distinction. They look identical to players. The only thing that is finally preventing it from being a further issue is the ingame chat - when an admin types to other players, his name is green. All the others have blue names. How can I change it so all players, even admins, have green names? I've looked through all of the configs and plugins I have, and I cannot seem to find it.

Any help is appreciated,
    Nathan

15. Ive been using a plugin to handle all my tags like owner, admin, mod & vip etc.. But ever since I added RustIO:Clans it stop showing the tags, is there any other plugin specifically made for tags but only tags?

Thank you,
    Bilbo

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ranks And Titles, Chat Handler, Better Chatname should all do the job.

17. HI!

Is there someone who wants to make a plugin to give a profix to players?

I mean something like that:
    /giveprefix <name of prefix> <color> <name of player>

.. and if that person got a clan prefix then it will looks like - [PREIFX] [CLAN] [NAME] if not [PREFIX] [NAME]

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The BetterChat plugin already provides pretty much all of that.