1. Erich199

Erich199 Scavenger

Hi,

I run a community vanilla server with admin tools installed. I was wondering if it were possible, at some point in the future, to have true moderators in an oxide group that can use / chat commands.

Currently on a vanilla community server, anyone in an oxide group with proper auth levels can't use / commands in chat. In order for them to use such commands, they have to be placed in the moderator id group in the server list. This of course gives them the ability to use godmode, noclip, spawn items in game - which is not ideal for a "moderator".

2. Kappasaurus

Kappasaurus Shotgun Ace Plugin Developer

I highly doubt this will happen because some may just add everyone to a moderator group on join. I may be wrong though. I believe the amount of commands players with moderator ID can do has been greatly limited in the last few months. I'd just go with that, otherwise, you may want to look into patching Oxide for the community tab manually.

3. Erich199

Erich199 Scavenger

What a server owner does with their server is on them.

I would like oxide groups to dictate if a player can use a chat command or not. There should be some permission to allow played to use chat based commands in game.

For instance :
    I run betterchat and betterchat mute.

To mute a player you have to type /chatmute playername duration

On a vanilla server, anyone in oxide group "moderator" can't do this until you give the permissions AND add them to the admin/moderator list.

With oxide groups , a server owner can grant moderator group an AUTH level that will deny their ability to use God mode, noclip, spectate, and ability to spawn items into the game. This would create a true "moderator" in game but currently on community servers, players can't use chat commands unless they have the proper AUTH level which is moderator or admin (I think that's Auth Level 1)

4. Kappasaurus

Kappasaurus Shotgun Ace Plugin Developer

It is in-face auth-level 1, that's besides my point.
    You'd think so, but that's not true. It will reflect on Oxide. The problem is already more evident, no point in making it worse.

Ryan likes this.
  5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Made chat commands available for non-admin, though invalid ones will not show the "Unknown command" message and act like normal chat.

6. Erich199

Erich199 Scavenger

What?! Seriously!?! I can have oxide levels that can use chat commands in game?!?

7. Erich199

Erich199 Scavenger

Does this work now @Wulf? I updated oxide today when I updated my server. Can I remove my MODS from mode auth level and just give them oxide perms only?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Yes, see the Changelog.

Erich199 likes this.
  9. Erich199

Erich199 Scavenger

This...is...AWESOME!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! WoW I'm so excited!