1. I would like to change my mapsize and seed for my next wipe.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the start.bat file?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  2. get the list of some maps that were generated (with Rust:IO)
    http://www.playrusthq.com/

and yes in start.bat you should add:
    server.worldsize XXXX (2000 to 8000)
    server.seed XXXXXXX (huge limits XD don't remember them :p)

3. @Reneb

Should this work?

Have I got them in the right place? Do I need to put "" around the numbers?

4. +server.seed 1374825187 not server.seed +1374825187, also there is some limit to max seed number.

5. I think its within the limits because I generated a random map using http://www.playrusthq.com

My question is will these seeds work with the new terrain that's likely to be released today?

EDIT: The maps currently being generated are for the latest ProcGen7 branch to prepare for Thursdays (09.04) terrain update.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  6. it will work, but the map will be different ;)

7. Why?

8. because they changed how the procedural map works (even a slight change in the procedural will change the entire map)

9. The seed was generated using the latest ProcGen7 branch so it should not change.

10. been looking for 3 hours how to do it. im using gameservers.com and it's not changing map when i put up seed and server.worldsize 5000. any help ? or is there another way to download a different map or something ? i got filezilla as well

11. Calytic

Calytic Community Admin Community Mod

All you have to do is change server.worldsize and restart server.

12. -batchmode +server.ip 104.207.146.43 +server.port 28016 +server.level "Procedural Map" +server.seed 2068376+server.maxplayers 150
    -server.worldsize 4500
    so this is what i need here right ?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, that's all you'd need. Make sure to space out the settings though as I see you are missing one after +server.seed 2068376. Also, You do not need to set the map to the default, only if you want to change it to another map.

14. Hey, I'm having issues with this. The server always comes up with the same seed, no matter what i do. It's always 566612992. I've deleted the world, all the configs, and it still happens. Any suggestions?

15. I change that ******* 23458678612 times, but my map seed and size are still not changing! Do i need to wipe or just a restart is enough?

16. A restart should be enough.
    How did you set it?

17. Hey!
    It was the same problem for me, but I found out the problem.
    Probably, you are writing the lines like this:
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode
    +server.hostname "azenszerom" +server.identity azenszerom
    +server.maxplayers 50 +server.port 28015 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password 0123456 +server.level "Procedural Map" +server.seed 562315 +server.worldsize 3000
    But you should not do that, just keep all in one line!
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.hostname "azenszerom" +server.identity azenszerom +server.maxplayers 50 +server.port 28015 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password 0123456 +server.level "Procedural Map" +server.seed 562315 +server.worldsize 3000

18. hello, I tried to change it with: +server.worldsize "5000" in my startup parameters but doesn't working. Is this current method to change size of the world?

19. open the rusterver file and change world size there, try 1500, you will get a very small map.

Also change the seed to force a regeneration after you reboot.

20. Sorry for stupid question, but what do you mean rusterver file? Can you tell me where to locate it? Thanks!