CapsNoCaps

Moved

Total Downloads: 940 - First Release: Aug 31, 2015 - Last Update: Nov 10, 2017

5/5, 11 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

2. More of an issue with the different ways chat is handled between Rust and Legacy.

In theory it is possible, but it's difficult to implement correctly. As Wulf said, it just uses the string.SentenceCase method, which is effectively a safe/best bet.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Probably could add an optional prefix to those Covalence methods. I think Rust Legacy is the only one that forces a prefix by default.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated CapsNoCaps with a new update entry:

5. I loaded the plugin, no errors, but when I type TESTING, it shows as TESTING. Am I missing something? I'm using Rust Experimental if it matters.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you grant the permission by mistake?

7. I searched, but I don't see it assigned to any group I'm in.

And to verify capsnocaps.ignore is the only permission I see and there's no config that I can find.

8. Any idea what it could be? It's a simple plugin. I can't imagine what would interfere. It's meant to work with Better Chat plugins too.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you admin on your server? If so, you automatically have the permission.

10. Yeah I am. Seems like no moving parts to this plugin. Can't imagine why it doesn't work. Must be a conflict with another plugin.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It just explained why. :p

Admin = automatic permissions in Oxide. The check I changed to does this, which is why you're seeing it.

12. I'm not sure what you're saying. There's no question I am admin on my server. However, the words stay caps. Are you saying it doesn't work for admins, only others?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You automatically get the "capsnocaps.ignore" permission essentially being that you're admin, so it will still be in caps for you.

The permissions check that this plugin and others use automatically does this, but I may need to reconsider that as I think there are some permissions admin may not want. To be clear, this is from Oxide, not this or other plugins.

14. Ok, thanks. I'll have someone else test it!

I had some test it and I noticed this:

Code:
    (20:59:22) | Calling hook OnPlayerChat resulted in a conflict between the following plugins: RustCore - True (Boolean), ZoneManager (False (Boolean))
    That stinks.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, plugins will conflict. The RustCore reference means it is coming from a universal plugin for the other part of the conflict, so a universal plugin conflicting with ZoneManager. Plugins that modify the chat can be a pain to work together right now.

16. Yeah, well at least we narrowed it down. Thanks for your assistance.

17. What's wrong with this plugin? Removed all plugins, removed myself from the admin panel, but still does not change the text.