1. Every time i boot up my server this is what it says. Also every time i restart my server i am not admin anymore. also i cant add groups and other commands. i have no idea why please help!!

Code:
    Server Config Loaded
    Generating terrain of size 3500 with seed 396729706
    Loading Oxide Core v2.0.2902...
    Loading extensions...
    Loaded extension CSharp v1.0.2902 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension MySql v1.0.2902 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension Python v1.0.2902 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension SQLite v1.0.2902 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension Unity v1.0.2902 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension Rust v1.0.2902 by Oxide Team
    Loaded extension Rust:IO for Oxide v2.9.0 by playrust.io / dcode
    Using Covalence provider for game 'Rust'
    Loading plugins...
    Loaded plugin Unity Core v1.0.2902 by Oxide Team
    Loaded plugin Rust v1.0.2902 by Oxide Team
    Missing plugin name prefix 'rustcore.' for permission 'oxide.plugins' (by plugin 'Rust')
    Missing plugin name prefix 'rustcore.' for permission 'oxide.load' (by plugin 'Rust')
    Missing plugin name prefix 'rustcore.' for permission 'oxide.reload' (by plugin 'Rust')
    Missing plugin name prefix 'rustcore.' for permission 'oxide.unload' (by plugin 'Rust')
    Missing plugin name prefix 'rustcore.' for permission 'oxide.grant' (by plugin 'Rust')
    Missing plugin name prefix 'rustcore.' for permission 'oxide.group' (by plugin 'Rust')
    Missing plugin name prefix 'rustcore.' for permission 'oxide.revoke' (by plugin 'Rust')
    Missing plugin name prefix 'rustcore.' for permission 'oxide.show' (by plugin 'Rust')
    Missing plugin name prefix 'rustcore.' for permission 'oxide.usergroup' (by plugin 'Rust')

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Those are not errors and aren't causing any issues. Where are you trying to use the commands at?

Also, which admin are you referring to, Rust's owner or Oxide's admin group?

3. both. i cant do the "group add owner" command in console and the ownerid takes me off everytime i reset, along with the oxide admin group.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Where did yuo set ownerid? If you set it in your console, make sure you used server.writecfg afterward other wise Rust will never save it.

Where are you using the group command at?

5. i did do the .writecfg but it didnt save it. and i was doing the group command in console because apparently i dont have permission in chat to do anything

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which console? F1, direct, or RCON

7. i tried both neither worked my rcon "rusty" isnt connecting

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

RCON and direct would work, but in-game via chat and F1 would currently require permissions to be set manually as of the last Oxide build. We can probably allow the admin group to use them all by default though.

9. ok, ill try again. also 2 more things. 1. how do i get my server to show up on the server modded list with a picture. and 2. how do i give a group all perms automatically

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

1. Your server will have a picture if you set +server.headerimage with an image of the right size.
    2. Permissions are only granted when you grant them or a plugin does.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't see any issues with your RCON setup, so all I can suggest is to make sure that your port is open/forwarded on your router for UDP.

12. ok thanks
    im running the server on my computer and the rusty said i should put +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 will this effect anything?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It may, you can try it.

14. hmmm... still didnt work is RustAdmin a good Rcon?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't use RCON, but most use that I believe.

16. ok thanks for the info

neither of the rcon's are connecting. i port forwarded 28016 udp. would there be any other reason for it not working ?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What do you see when you try to connect? Any messages or errors? Do you see anything happen on your server's console? Also, are you local to the server, and if so, why do you need RCON?

PS. The original issue you had from this thread is fixed now in the latest Oxide build.

Also, I split this thread into a new discussion since the RCON is unrelated.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  18. okay .

how do i update it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2017
  19. Turn off server, download oxide for rust, extract it, upload to your server, start server, check console (RCON) with this command oxide.version if oxide is installed and updated, if not showing (command does not exist) or saying different (old) version, then you need to do this process again.