1. So for some reason I cannot oxide.reload any of my plugins, nor is it showing when I unload/reload a .cs file. I do have plugins working properly, but the minute I unload one they stop reloading/working period...any ideas?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like something is preventing the CSharpCompiler from functioning properly on your server, which is likely causing it to get held up when you try to reload.

3. Error while compiling: TruePVE.cs(422,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BaseResource' could not be found. Are you missing `ProtoBuf' using directive?

It's also giving me this, but it seems like I'm the only one with this error?

How would I fix the CSC's functionality?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you're using a fairly old version of that plugin.

For your issue, hard to say; but I'd fix any errors you notice first.

5. Nope, it's up-to-date. I checked. It's just being a turd, lol. I downloaded it right from the overview page, so. Not sure what's up.

2.0.3389 is the right Oxide Version, correct?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The error you are seeing is from about 2-3 months ago from a change in Rust, so pretty sure you're using an old version of it. You can see the latest Oxide version under the What's New > Release build changes thread.

7. Weird...okay let me try re-downloading it from the front page and I'll check the version too. I'm having this same error with multiple plugins immediately upon unloading/reloading them. I basically get them unloaded and it never says it comes back up when I reload.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you unloaded them, you'd need to load them not reload I believe.

9. That's what I meant, sorry. 3am and I'm fighting with everything under the sun. I've just uploaded the most current version of the plugin, yet still no message, and the same error is showing when I run the plugins command in-game.

Oh, found the error I think. I'm on 3389, not 3393.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2017
  10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Shouldn't matter, the change was in Rust from months ago.

11. This is the .cs I'm uploading. It's from the latest version and it's still doing that.

Attached Files:

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That isn't the same file as the one getting the error you posted previously, there are no BaseResource references in it.

13. I just uploaded that .cs, with no config file, and it's still not showing when it loads in or when I delete it out.

That error is also still here.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you're either installing the plugins in the wrong location then, or the server isn't able to see any changes in those files (generally related to filesystem permissions).

15. I'm installing them under the Oxide Directory under Plugins. So I'm thinking it may be the second option. Is that something generally I would have to have my hosting service toy with?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you're not in control of the server, then yes. It sounds like it's a Linux server, they can be sensitive with permissions. If the Mono compiler (CSharpCompiler) can't see any changes or see those files under the user running the server, then it can't do anything with them. Your server definitely has an older version of TruePVE loaded though, so not sure when the last time was when you had it working.

17. It was working before this last update, and I'm curious as to if that's the case. Thank you and I'll be leaving a support ticket with them soon! Sorry for the confusion :)

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not sure how it'd be working since that version was from months ago. :p

You may want to to double-check your plugin install folder to make sure it's the right location too.

19. Yeah everything seems to be in line. Host said everything is working properly, so they're unsure too. I'm not sure what's going on, but we need that plugin to run correctly. However, the plugin is working fine on the other servers I have, so that's confusing.

20. Lol hey Wulf, that problem I was having? My goofy hosting services now run it out of the old-style Oxide directory. Not sure how they've managed that, but I'm all good to go!