1. There are lots of posts on the Steam forums about people that can't craft any custom skin items.. I'm one of them and about half the people that come to my server say they have the same problem and can't craft any custom skins on ANY servers they connect to.

Could it be related to oxide or one of the plugins we use? We don't have anything that automatically changes skins. I use Magicloot and Server Rewards. Magic loot allows for skins to be applied randomly from to items in boxes and server rewards allows us to list items on the shop that have skins we can make (as server owners).

Anyone have a fix for this or know what's going on?

2. I have heard different reports where people can and people can't craft items with skins on both vanilla and modded servers. I think it might be a client issue but I can't say for sure.

3. im having a problem on my server, some people can craft with skins and some dont. i can craft a default skin item but cant do it with skin

4. As far as I know this issue isn't related to Oxide and is being looked into by FacePunch.

5. yes my server has the same issue, first I thought it was just selected people but it isn't... and I have unhappy people :( hopefully a fix soon!

6. so no fix for this until FacePunch brings something out??

7. Yes, we need to wait for FacePunch move on this - lets hope that it will be soon ;)

8. have the same issue. i hope for more info

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This should have already been resolved with the latest Rust updates. I'd suggest making sure you are fully updated.

10. It wasn't. Still can't craft anything and most of the people posting on Steam can't either. I've responded to their official "megathread" like 10x asking for updates, which they aren't providing. They simply updated their thread to "investigating this situation" 5 days after the last patch.

I guess nobody thought about a simple rollback in FP.

11. We'll see, lol :) Thanks for posting.

12. Any update on this post, with the newest rust update as of 2/17/2017 @ 12:07 am , i am still not able to craft any custom skins on my own server.

13. Ok so i have paid skins i bought for rust and im on my own server that i pay for. When i go to craft a skin say my camo boots i check the f1 menu and it keeps telling me that i dont have permission to craft this skin so crafting unskined. Does any one have any idea as to why this is doing this.

14. Guys I really don't wish to be intrusive it's been hell to find a solution but I have been having problems with trying to get my permissions to work for skins I am an admin so assuming it shouldn't have any problems anyway although I also don't have many plugins that may conflict with this issue that I can see - any help would be incredible. I did remove some plugins so perhaps they left some untidy file but have scanned through and there literally is nothing I can automatically assume as have searched Data, Lang, Config and kept only what I need for oxide unless it triggered some change of the server config if that is possible really don't know :/ if you guys know this most probably simple issue? - My current Plugins are Zone Manager, Updater, Spawns, ServerRewards, LustyMap, Kits, HeliControl, Factions, EventManager, EMInterface, Economics and CopyPaste. - Thanks anyway's if tried to resolve appreciate it

15. Item Skin Randomizer for Rust | Oxide

16. Thanks only thing is it isn't configurable and I really wanted it to have specific sets or crafting ability for team factions or being able to select which skin you can craft it in some way :(

17. use the server rewards plugin then and you can add your own that players can get

18. exactly same problem...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1489341136][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Anyone else whom may be experiencing similar permission troubles in future I can confirm it works with the "skin randomizer" plugin just need to rearrange and assign custom groups for the permissions now for my server - big thanks to Resistance for the support.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2017
  19. I'm still having the original issue on my server where no one can craft any items with skins - they just craft as the default skin. Just now attempting to seriously troubleshoot this by removing every plugin one by one. If anyone is still having this issue or has any tips to fix please let me know! Maybe we can compare plugins to narrow it down.