1. So... It's been like 3 months and I can't get my rust server to work again properly. I registered my server on rust.io and it says that my server in online but whenever I hit the connect button it says server not responding. I am not sure what is the cause of the problem because I shared screens with a developer to help me out without any luck... I took a screenshot, hope you guys can help me. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Is the server hosted on your own machine behind a router? If so, I'd suggest checking that the main port (28015) is forwarded for UDP (game) and TCP (Rust:IO).

3. ok. I did that. then I went to canyouseeme.org and now it can't see my server on port 28015. UDP but it can for 28016 TCP
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484493741][/DOUBLEPOST]See the following screenshot
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484493855][/DOUBLEPOST]So, if i change to 28015 UDP it doesn't work but for 28015 TCP it works.

Attached Files:

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most sites like that only check for TCP, not UDP. You need UDP open for the actual game, so you'd need TCP and UDP for your setup.

5. ok so is this right?

Attached Files:

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If it has a Both option, I'd select that, but otherwise yes that is fine for game connections.

7. it has a ANY option. I guess that's the same as BOTH

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, that should be it.

9. and 1 more question. Which one of these IPv4 adresses do I need... The wireless adapter 1 or the ethernet 1?

Attached Files:

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks like you're connected by other wireless and ethernet, so I'd suggest going with whichever one is faster and more reliable. You don't seem to have an IPv4 address though, so you may need to enable that on your router if it doesn't accept IPv6 addresses in port forwarding.

11. ok, i'm gonna try enabling it
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484496086][/DOUBLEPOST]no luck

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What does your ipconfig show in cmd now?