1. Hello, I am starting to develop Oxide Plugins for Rust in C#, and I was wondering what to put under using so when coding I can use Oxide calls?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It depends on what you need to use exactly. I'd recommend starting by getting familiar with what using statements are for if you aren't already familiar with that C# aspect, as well as setting up a project with the proper references to the necessary DLLs you'd be using from the Oxide builds.

3. Ok thanks, I was going to make a plugin that mimics DeadLaugh's gather rates by increasing it by a set amount in the config with a starting time and ending time.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you setup Visual Studio 2015, it will generally show you and handle most of the using statements for you granted you have DLL references setup properly.

5. After finding a reference and adding it, most of the code isn't found. I am wondering if I am missing References and if so what locations are they in and if any need fixed too. It appears that basic Unity commands are working although anything with Oxide isn't.

Gyazo - 51d9c4ca39cfe5b462ffaddca3d292fb.png
    Gyazo - a365921920098cf3119f8a1bd131f162.png

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You need to reference Oxide.Core.dll and Assembly-CSharp.dll.

7. I added both of the dlls from the latest oxide download and in the beginning put "using Oxide.Core;", and that works but how would I call Assembly-CSharp? Thank you so much for you help!

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There are multiple namespaces, but you'd need to add a reference like you did the other DLLs.

9. Yes, I have added a reference for the other DLL's but Assembly CSharp stumps me because when I reference both dlls then try to use its namespace with "using XXX", what would I replace the XXX with because everything I try ends up with an error that there isn't anything referenced. It's not a matter of it being referenced or not but what the namespace for it is.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you show me a screenshot of all your referenced DLLs please?

These are the min you should reference:
    • Assembly-CSharp.dll
    • Oxide.Core.dll
    • Oxide.Core.CSharp.dll
    • Oxide.Game.Rust.dll
    • UnityEngine.dll

11. wtf are you doing? UnityEngine from unity, Assembly from Rust, where logic?

12. Random commenting without any useful information makes also not much sense ;)