Building Blocker

Fully prevents building in the building blocked zone. Fixes the "Devblog 158 of 4th may"

Total Downloads: 5,870 - First Release: May 4, 2017 - Last Update: Sep 29, 2017

5/5, 48 likes
  1. Without any information I can't help you.
    First of all - unload EVERY PLUGIN then download LATEST version of this plugin from here and upload it to the server. Then test it. If it still won't work - post here oxide log file.
    Also - are you sure that you are using right folder? Oxide folder location was changed some time ago...

2. Ok I will remove all the plugins and test that your to see and yes I have moved all the plugins to the new location of oxide

3. just confirmed you can build when you are underneath Building Blocked zone

4. Yep ..I confirm ..

same old problem as with DynamicCupShare
    with this plugin you cand build after 8 squares horizontally and ... should be after 10 fundations horizontally (starting from tb) ..
    also stacking tool cupboards vertically (2 floors stacking method) has no effect right now because everyone can build from underneath also to the floor with the cupboard

I think this plugin blocks only if the red mark is on screen with "BUILDING BLOCKED" .... Vlad-00003 you should extend the range with 2 squares horizontally & underneath of Building Blocked
    because:
    - player build range <=2 squares starting from his location
    A cupboard tool has a cover of (before this update):
    -protection for 10 horizontal fundations (taking the one the cupboard is on )
    -protection for 6 vertical floors ( when placed on the ground floor )
    -protection for 1,5 floors down when you place it at a floor and you go down.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  5. True - this plugin blocks building only if the player is in building privilage zone and has no right to build. These two feilds are taken from the game itself. Gonna check what I can do then I can.

6. I tried removing all the plugins and still nothing works

7. Thank you so much Vlad.This is perfect and it didn`t create any issues with my other plugins.

8. DynamicCupShare (False (Boolean))
    Calling hook CanBuild resulted in a conflict between the following plugins: BuildingBlocker - False (Boolean), DynamicCupShare (False (Boolean))

Can we get these to talk to each other again?

9. This plugin should have hier prior, so the only way is to ask DynamciCupShare author to add compatibility with mine. Gonna add hook for this.

10. there is a slight bug with buildblocker you should know about maybe you could fix it?

if a player find a base they want to raid they can simply use a twig foundation to find the build area then they can simply build into the building blocked area i hope this can be fixed

11. I'm.... not quite sure that I understand you correctly. Can you describe it a bit more?

12. ok say you find a base you want to raid you are building blocked you pull out your build planner you can then walk away from the base untill it gives you the building priviliges you can then place down a twig foundation and then build towards the base its like the tc dosent block it but if you were to go to the base and try and build it would block you

13. I think I found a solution for this problem .. I will make some tests

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  14. I fixed some part of problems
    - horizontally fixed
    - up is OK but down should extend more with 0,5 floors ..

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  15. solved also the last problem after lot of hours of work... down seems OK now ..

Cheers

16. Why didn't they block your message for posting random version in the thread, like they did to mine last time?....
    Nevermind. Gonna see what you've done and possible add it to the plugin.
    Also - what is Building blocked(2) ? It's not in lang file, so it would couse errors =)

17. Vlad-00003 updated Building Blocker with a new update entry:

18. now we can enjoy the old good Rust game experience with this plugin until a new Facepunch update will come (hope not a bad one)...good work Vlad-00003 .. cheers

19. Once again - thank you! =3

20. Just got this error in console: Any ideas?

Code:
    (00:31:34) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'BuildingBlocker v2.0.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (00:31:34) | at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.Refund (.BasePlayer player, .BaseEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.OnEntityBuilt (.Planner planner, UnityEngine.GameObject go) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (00:31:34) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'BuildingBlocker v2.0.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (00:31:35) | at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.Refund (.BasePlayer player, .BaseEntity entity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.OnEntityBuilt (.Planner planner, UnityEngine.GameObject go) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingBlocker.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0