--- layout: forums title: 'BotSpawn | Page 82' breadcrumbs: > - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,762 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. thats what i thought haha thanks again!, and sure ill check it out see what happens, ill get back to you in a bit!

2. Thank you they work now :) I deleted everything and reloaded everything works now

3. Thanks for updating. Enjoy! :)

4. OK man so pretty much changed all my spawns with custom spawns, left the water treatment vanilla (with npc) and no lighthouses have spawns either, and for the duplicates i only changed them once but they all have either radscientist/murderer/custom npc so i didnt add extra customs to the slots. they seem to have a delay when they shoot specially with the crossbow and eoka pistol but they have mods aswell with the larger magazine sizes. hmm not sure what else to mention, oh the npcs inventory upon death will drop whatever you put in the inventory and also whats in their clothing slots. other then that im gonna kill myself (ingame) and start fresh should be alot of fun now! and all works fine for now! lol thanks for all the help last 2 days!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510797395][/DOUBLEPOST]
    oh and my npcs spawn range from 6-30 mostly 15-30

5. Glad it's going well.
    There has been no testing with weapon mods or anything like that.
    Feedback and results are always welcomed, but consider yourself a tester with anything beyond a basic weapon. ;)

Yes, anything in their inventory will be available for looting upon death, barring belt contents - Those are destroyed.
    Once custom loot options are introduced there will probably be more options in this area.

Not sure what you mean about range. If there's an issue, please describe. :)

6. haha i ment spawns ranging 6 per monument to 30 per monument like npc spawns haha reading what i said didnt make much sense to me either LOL

7. Everything is fine and count is 140 just no movement

8. hey man thought id throw in an update, at first the custom npcs (kits, not custom added spawns) seemed to work at first but now wont attack with melee weapons (spear/mace) but work fine when they use nailgun or eoka pistol even with the extra ammo clip mod (forgot name), its like they think they have no ammo or something? hmm, but yeah with guns they work fine havnt even noticed them run through walls even seem to run around did see them run through a fence in the launch site but there was also a hole who knows about that one, but yeah the melee part seems to have a issue thinking maybe they are holding a gun that has no ammo? whatever else i notice ill report back this mod is ****in dope! lol solo play is just fun now even ideal!!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510816177][/DOUBLEPOST]when i had problems i just redownloaded the file, but you gotta make sure it doesnt overwrite the old file, and then just only change the true/false on the activation, then! gotta do rest in-game and alt-tab to the file save your edits, reload on the filezilla or simular progame to access youre server alt tab into game then do the oxide.reloadcore everytime you make a change to the file that should save restart, altho o noticed some restarts are nessasary for mods i donno if this helps anybody but i hope it does! thats basically what i did and i just learned this yesturday! OH and first just chance the activation to true, nothing else, then do other stuff one at a time, i had no problems even with kits first try (after learning/being taught) but what i noticed with the problem is when you change the bot name "randomname" leave that alone! i just changed all of these > ONLY AS EXAMPLE DONT COPY/PASTE
    "Options": {
    "Animal_Safe": true,
    "APC_Safe": true,
    "Bots_Drop_Weapons": false,
    "Cull_Default_Population": true,
    "Ignore_Animals": false,
    "Ignore_HumanNPC": true,
    "NPC_Retaliate": false,
    "Peace_Keeper": false,
    "Remove_BackPacks": true,
    "Reset": true,
    "Reset_Timer": 420,
    "Suicide_Timer": 300,
    "Supply_Enabled": false,
    "Turret_Safe": true

"Airfield": {
    "Activate": true,
    "Bot_Accuracy": 6,
    "Bot_Damage": 0.3,
    "Bot_Firing_Range": 99,
    "BotHealth": 50,
    "BotName": "randomname",
    "Bots": 25,
    "Disable_Radio": false,
    "Kit": "air",
    "Murderer": false,
    "Radius": 200,
    "Respawn_Timer": 900,
    "Spawn_Height": 100

HOPE THIS HELPS!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510816215][/DOUBLEPOST]dangit! was tryin to make seccond comment sepperate anyway both for mod maker/user!

9. Got it to work but i can no longer see the bots as they spawn then disapear

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2017
  10. try the "oxide.reloadcore" (no quotes) ((seems like nothing happens after command in consol but it does work)) ive been doing that command very often(specially after adjusting config files), and oxide.plugin.BotSpawn but i dont know if thats even a command LOL but either way pretty sure the oxide.reloadcore is the one that works, and ONLY change everything, BUT THE BOT NAME and you may have to delete the file and reload it as a new file with default file config from download, then ONLY adjust one at a time like my previous comments i posted an example, the top one would be the main (not 100% on this im also noob 2 days in) --(main as the very top script) ((then the rest would be generic compared the airfield one)), i didnt do airdrops tho, left that default aswell as lighthouses, (so no spawns/false) I adjusted everything in one shot in steps like this --activate-- true (for all monuments you wish)((seems you need to load the map first so the server can show you where to spawn)->>(i can also be wrong on this))) <<also adjusted npc spawns (6-30) ((works fines)) then adjusted ratios/reset limit/ etc like this for example -- SORRY TOOK SO LONG TO REPLY, i literally spent over half hour writing this. Any furthur help will be needed from steenamaroo! (mod maker )((ithink)) note: i did this mod 2 days ago so i tried my best to help everyone :)
    "Watertreatment": {
    "Bot_Accuracy": 4,
    "Bot_Damage": 0.4,
    "Bot_Firing_Range": 60,
    "BotHealth": 30,
    "Bots": 25,
    "Kit": "default",
    "Radius": 200,
    }
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510825608][/DOUBLEPOST]
    if you add a kit you need the plugin for that aswell, i just did /kit add "what name you want" (No quotes) then go /kit authlevel 2 then! /kit items (it saves to kit) then!!!!! go /kit (all in chat btw) to see the kits you made, once you know 100% shes good to go, go into config file load mod (BotSpawn)((rightclick)) edit-- THEN where it SAYS """" "Kit": "default" edit that to "what name you want" so another example here.
    "Warehouse2": {
    "Bot_Accuracy": 4,
    "Bot_Damage": 0.4,
    "Bot_Firing_Range": 40,
    "BotHealth": 30,
    "Bots": 7,
    "Kit": "mine2",
    "Radius": 100,

11. u can do this too
    /kit add name
    /kit Authlevel 2 hide true npconly true items

and for:
    Using "oxide.reloadcore" in the server console or RCON will reload the oxidecore.lua file if you've updated it. -> from the FAQ
    Using "oxide.reload pluginname" in the server console or RCON will reload the specified plugin; so if you've changed the plugin file then you can call that and the new code will run -> FAQ too

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2017
  12. oxide.reload BotSpawn is adequate - reloading oxide as a whole, or all plugins, may cause problems or inconveniences (godmode, vanish, etc).

There's no need to edit values one by one - I just suggested it as a troubleshooting measure while you were having problems.

Some melee weapons (machetes, hatchets etc) are known to work. Others may not.
    It's just trial and error but any development, on that level, is from FacePunch. I wait and see just like you guys. :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510837216][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Ensure that rust, oxide and BotSpawn are up to date.
    Type nav_disable into f1 console and return,
    then type nav_grid the same.

They should return false and true respectively.

If not, you'll need to specify nav_disable false and nav_grid true in your startup config.
    If that's done and they still report incorrect values, contact your host to see if they are overriding any values.

Failing all of that, try a different location. Certain terrain still causes issues for bot spawning.

13. lol logged on for first time in a week and there are thousands of bots haha They are all stood still too.

14. you can make an automatic spawn on the map HapisIsland?

15. Yeah is there some code or line im missing as im still getting stationary bots only. ta

16. I have done everything you said they spawn fire a few bullets then disapear please help

Attached Files:

17. Bots have stopped moving for us since the update.

18. do i need create kit to make bots work?

19. Fixed it they move and there fun to mass murder people. If they do not do anything try rebuilding the navmesh it worked for me

20. Would be cool if there was an option to allow the bots to have a proximity message similar to HumanNPC and a death message