--- layout: forums title: 'BotSpawn | Page 79' breadcrumbs: - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,762 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. No worries...Sorry I don't have a straight answer - I'm having enough trouble getting it to work at my own end tonight! lol.

2. Ok I've done this and activated dome, and there are scientists. I think where I screwed up was naming them something besides "randomname" maybe? Also, I created kits for each monument via Kits by Absolut. Will your plugin pull those kits if the names match up, or is there something else I need to do?>I've not assigned them permissions, and have them set to "hidden" and "npconly"

thanks again!

3. Ok, that's encouraging.

Changing from random name is fine, as long as it's a string in quotes, like "Airfield Bot" or whatever.

Absolut Kits is also fine and there are no special requirements with regard to kit settings or permissions.
    Just create the kit and be sure to add items to it (people always miss this step - it's a separate command).

I would suggest keeping the hot bar clear of all items except a primary weapon.
    Some items do tend to cause issues in there.
    If you want your bot to yield loot, put it in the main inventory container.

If having bots randomly select a weapon out of many is to become an option, and it looks like it will, I'll add some code to remove any non-weapon items from the hotbar and avoid those problems.

4. Cannot understand how to use several different kits on the same Monument. I tried
    "Kit": "bot1",
    "Kit": "bot2",
    but second just rewrite first kit, this variant just cause an error "Kit": "bot1, bot2", will appreciate any help. Thanks.

5. One kit per profile, for now.

If you need more kits per location, you'll need to add your own custom locations in the same place.

6. Steenamaroo updated BotSpawn with a new update entry:

7. Mod works great, everything as expected. However, I do see that facepunch seems to have meddled with nav again, as now the bots can see and shoot through the ground.

8. My custom skin no longer works since the update.

(18:25:22) | NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

9. Could you try with default config+data file to be sure, please,
    and ensure that Rust+oxide are up to date too?

Tested under
    Protocol: 2034.153.1
    Build Date: 11/10/2017 22:48:55
    Unity Version: 2017.1.2f1
    Changeset: 23777
    Branch: main
    Oxide Version: 2.0.3734

10. Who are you responding to? I replaced the data and cfg. When I use my custom kit they spawn nude with nothing on them.

11. you, @Rob Dempley

If you removed the skinned item from the kit does the issue cease?
    Just want to be sure.

12. Thanks, I have a zombie kit with different clothing & weapons that I was using instead of the hazmat suit and murderer kits. After I updated earlier, my custom kit no longer loaded. They spawned nude. If I return the kit setting back to default, it will spawn scientists or murderers normally.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510531504][/DOUBLEPOST]I would be perfectly fine using murderers if they would do damage with the machete. But they don't do any damage at all.

13. Can you PM me your kits data file and tell me the name of the kit in question, please?

14. Yes I will.

15. Thank you.
    Not the point, but murderer does damage with machete just fine.

16. I must have a setting somewhere preventing it.

17. NullReferenceExeption: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

18. Seems to happen if kit is configured as "npconly".
    Is that the case?

19. Yes, i create npcony kits

20. 'npconly' relates to distribution of the kit, not the intended use.

Set to 'false'.