BotSpawn

Moved

Total Downloads: 11,681 - First Release: Jul 31, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 27, 2018

5/5, 81 likes
  1. @thespacestationstudio Make sure to have those kits you create on auth level 2, so random players can't redeem them. Don't put ammo on the belt (or any ammo at all, since I guess bots don't need ammo). Be careful with certain weapons, some might glitch out. Use only bullet weapons and melee.
    And you can add skin IDs in the .json file on kits.
    Fun stuff.

2. Thanks for the fix

3. Can i customize the shoot range / agro range ?

4. Dont really need to make them any level , just make sure you option Hide true in the options menu, that way they wont show up when players type /kit to see kit menu,
    And be careful if you arm them with AK's you might not get many players surviving the encounter with your bots,
    Kits creation is all done through chat menu although once they have been created you can edit them (with item numbers) in
    kits data file, just read the overview and all should go well.

5. Anyone else getting dual wielding bots? Not really a concern. Just found it amusing. When they attack only one weapon fires. I'm using murderers for the bots. 20180807231528_1.jpg 20180807231803_1.jpg 20180807231833_1.jpg

6. anyone els getting this ? "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

- nevermind found a fix for it

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2018
  7. I have the same problem. Fix (botapex.CommunicationRadius = 0f) does not help.
    Even when you run the plugin constantly this error: Failed to create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2018
  8. The issue isn't exclusive to botspawn so a global fix is required.
    Patching botspawn only patches botspawn bots.

9. Not sure what this is. I have one other person reporting it but I don't see it myself.
    If I happen to find out I'll post a fix, but the entire spawn system for BotSpawn has been rewritten so realistically that will probably hit first.

10. Hey @Steenamaroo

I noticed some other users in the thread had a similar issue, but did not see a response.

(18:25:28) | Failed to run a 2.00 timer in 'BotSpawn v1.7.5' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.ChangeWeapon (NPCPlayer npcPlayer, HeldEntity held, System.UInt32 UID) [0x00034] in <d75bc2dfc4cd4ddfa148dc7f77e9c902>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn.SelectWeapon (NPCPlayerApex npcPlayer) [0x002d6] in <d75bc2dfc4cd4ddfa148dc7f77e9c902>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.BotSpawn+<sortWeapons>c__AnonStorey3.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <d75bc2dfc4cd4ddfa148dc7f77e9c902>:0

at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00018] in <fc2b4388d9974d719a0972b08cea0f17>:0

Any ideas on what this error message is telling me?

(Edit: Just noticed the Bots can walk through "World", in Tools on F1 page.
    A lot of my bots kept disappearing, went inside a rock and there he was.)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2018
  11. Hi,
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm sort of in limbo with BotSpawn here because I've totally rewritten a lot of it, including the spawn/population system, and the weapon change system.
    I'll take a look at 1.7.5 and see if I can fix that and push an update, because the main big update won't be coming out for a while.

As for walking through rocks, I'm not sure if I can do anything about that but I'll have a think.

12. Thank you for the honest response, any info is appreciated.

13. Just realised I didn't really answer your question.
    The error is thrown during an attempt to change a bot's weapon because my code assumes something exists when it doesn't. Either the bot, his weapon, or something else related.

14. Thanks, do you have any plans for Botspawn in the future?

Sorry, to add another problem, but when a bot encounters the Bandit Camp, the guards go crazy, attacking the shopkeepers infinitely until the bot is gone, they will also attack players indiscriminately while the bot is within detection radius. They do not shoot the bots.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2018
  15. For a long time BotSpawn has been a combination of jamming in features by request and keeping up with FP changes so, really, the immediate plan is a more solid rewrite.
    There will be new features such as having full control over Rust's default spawn groups (kit/name/damage etc for junkpile/bandit/compound etc), and varying numbers of bots with time of day, but those are more me capitalising on how I've rewritten parts, rather than intentionally adding features.

There's a lot of stuff in there that 'will do' until there's time to write something better.
    I think now's a good time.

The rewrite is probably about 90% of the way there.
    One big thing I'd like to secure is the ability to use a 100% custom written AI, written in the same editor FP use.
    That might make it easier because right now there are things which apply to scientist and not murderer, and vice versa.
    It also might make update time a little less volatile. :p

That's all in place right now but the missing piece is in oxide/umod. It may not happen, but it's something I'd like to try for.

The bandit stuff; I'll look into that. Thanks.
    If that's gamewide I guess it's probably something FP will work at but I'll see if I can just have the bandits 100% ignore other NPCPlayers, for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2018
  16. Thanks, You are amazing.

I look forward to seeing what Botspawn2 can do.

17. I am having an issue with the Murderers. 99 percent of the time they run up to you but do not attack. Some do not even run up to you at all. Is there something in the config that I need to change?

18. WOW! Now, that's super exciting. Can you comment on what's involved and what barriers exist?

I've become a bit obsessed with BotSpawn over the last year - to the extent that I'm completely uninterested in Rust without them Bots. The servers I run are focused around them and the small fan base that joins us for our every 2-week wipe cycle is there for what we do with the Bots and the scenarios we build around them. Every cycle we're looking to create more varied and challenging interaction with the Bots but the AI inconsistency really undermines the experience - like this last cycle.

I apologize for sounding a bit like a fanboy as I read this over - but hey - Bots are cool and you've made them game changing so thanks.

19. I think this should stop the murderers from becoming inactive, and maybe fix the weapon switching errors.

I took a quick look at the bandits. I'm reluctant to put anything in BotSpawn for that issue, as they aren't spawned/controlled by this plug.
    Could throw together a standalone fix, though.

20. I forgot to try jackhammers until tonight. They work fairly well. I had to crank up the accuracy and damage. But they can be deadly if they get up in your face.