BetterLoot

A complete re-implementation of the drop system

Total Downloads: 42,529 - First Release: Feb 26, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 20, 2018

4.95699/5, 93 likes
  1. I get this in the log on a reload or reboot.
    Code:
    1:46 PM [Info] BetterLoot: Invalid config value: dropLimits (Value is not a convertible object: System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Object] to System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.String, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]])

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  2. thats what i did then but its still to much :D

3. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

4. Working with droplimits set in the config now, thanks for the fast update.

5. all clear)

6. Have you updated the plugin and deleted config/BetterLoot.json previously? You then need to change the values either in the config file or via /droplimit, not in the source file. There are just the defaults that are overridden by the config.

7. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

8. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

9. I have installed the Plugin. This is my Config:
    Code:
    {
      "blueprintProbability": 0.17,
      "minItemsPerBarrel": 1,
      "maxItemsPerBarrel": 3,
      "minItemsPerCrate": 3,
      "maxItemsPerCrate": 6,
      "baseItemRarity": 2.0,
      "baseBlueprintRarity": 2.0,
      "refreshMinutes": 15,
      "itemBlacklist": [
        "explosive.timed"
      ],
      "blueprintBlacklist": [],
      "enforceBlacklist": true,
      "dropWeaponsWithAmmo": true,
      "dropLimits": {
        "explosives": 50,
        "explosive.timed": 2,
        "arrow_wooden": 16,
        "ammo_handmade_shell": 32,
        "ammo_shotgun": 32,
        "ammo_pistol": 32,
        "ammo_rifle": 32,
        "gunpowder": 200,
        "fat_animal": 200,
        "cloth": 200,
        "lowgradefuel": 200,
        "bone_fragments": 200,
        "antiradpills": 5,
        "bandage": 5,
        "largemedkit": 2,
        "blood": 200,
        "wood": 1000,
        "stones": 1000,
        "metal_ore": 1000,
        "sulfur_ore": 1000,
        "metal_fragments": 1000,
        "sulfur": 1000,
        "apple": 10,
        "blueberries": 10,
        "black raspberries": 10,
        "wolfmeat_cooked": 5,
        "chicken_cooked": 5,
        "can_beans": 5,
        "can_tuna": 5,
        "granolabar": 5,
        "chocholate": 5,
        "smallwaterbottle": 5
      }
    }

Tis is my Oxide LOG Error

Code:
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: There are 115 items and 72 blueprints in the game.
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: We are going to use 0 items and 0 blueprints of them.
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: Base item rarity is 2 and base blueprint rarity is 2.
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: With a 17.0% chance that any drop is a blueprint we get:
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 common items (w=8000, 0/0).
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 uncommon items (w=4000, 0/0).
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 rare items (w=2000, 0/0).
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 very rare items (w=1000, 0/0).
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 common blueprints (w=8000, 0/0).
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 uncommon blueprints (w=4000, 0/0).
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 rare blueprints (w=2000, 0/0).
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: There is a NaN% chance to get one of 0 very rare blueprints (w=1000, 0/0).
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: Total chance: NaN% == 100%
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: Item list to select from is empty (trying another one)
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: Item list to select from is empty (trying another one)
    8:01 AM [Info] BetterLoot: Endless loop detected: ABORTING

But all Barrels are Empty ???

Edit:
    I dont know why , but after restart the Server it works !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  10. Hi guys ! I'm new, hope i'll not ask stupid question...

So everythings is working good (and thanks for ur job !) but sometimes when i launch my server i get this "error" : "[Info] BetterLoot: Item list to select from is empty (trying another one)" like thousand....Just need to cut the launch and relaunch untill it can populate barrels....if anyone can light me on that will be great!

11. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

12. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

13. seems to cause alot of lag when refreshing also I have had a few server freezes from it...
    is there a way to turn it off from the spam in console?

14. With the latest update it logs a lot less messages as it doesn't refresh barrels anymore. Have you updated it?

15. same

16. Unfortunately this hasn't happened to me yet. Every time I start up a server I hope that it happens to me too, so that I am able to fix it :)

When looking at the code, I assume that maybe another plugin modifies the item rarities so that RarityIndex(...) always returns -1. Will have to add some debug output for such cases to pinpoint it further.

17. dcode updated BetterLoot with a new update entry:

18. dcode, I knew the problem, already tested

Go to PM, type me
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426807457][/DOUBLEPOST]I started server with ItemConfig and BetterLoot together and you can see result on pastebin.

I removed ItemConfig, restarted server and all was clear... So, I want you to fix that please :)

19. Please try it with the new version and let me know about the log output :)

20. Same....
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426808757][/DOUBLEPOST]So, what to do?

Attached Files: