BetterLoot

A complete re-implementation of the drop system

Total Downloads: 42,609 - First Release: Feb 26, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 20, 2018

4.95699/5, 93 likes
  1. Trying to figure out how to increase scrap spawn in barrels to 5 instead of 1, any ideas? I've edited the loot table, reloaded the plugin, and restarted my server but no luck.

2. can you please update your first page of directions to reflect the actual configs? Thanks in advance......it will make it much easier to follow.
    Current config example :
    HeliCrate": {
    "includeHeliCrate": true,
    "maxItemsPerHeliCrate": 6,
    "minItemsPerHeliCrate": 6,
    "randomAmountHeliCrate": true,
    "useCustomTableHeli": true

Overview directions :"HeliCrate": {
    "includeHeliCrate": false,
    "maxItemsPerHeliCrate": 4,
    "minItemsPerHeliCrate": 2,
    "useCustomTableHeli": true

there are a few of these that are not current.
    My question is, if i have max and min on 6 and minItemsPerHeliCrateon on true, does minItemsPerHeliCrate override the 6 max 6 min? amount of items in each crate? or ?

3. hi can someone post please FULL CONFIG and DATA For a x2 server? i having alot problems and i not very good at configs Thanks.

4. I bought AlpahLoot and could not get it to work right so i moved back to BetterLoot and the loot seems to be much " better": BUT i am having an issue with the black list. I do not have blueprints in my server so i have scrap in my blacklist. The problem is that Better-loot is constantly deleting scrap ,water bottles and antiradpills. So how the heck do i get the scrap and other to stop spawning altogether? or what am i doing wrong? OR is this how it works?

5. Code:
    Failed to run a 0.10 timer in 'BetterLoot v2.13.1' (JsonReaderException: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'AllItemsAvailable.metalspring', line 308, position 4.)
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParsePostValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateDictionary (IDictionary dictionary, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonDictionaryContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerMember, System.Object existingValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue (Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty property, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConverter propertyConverter, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Object target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject (System.Object newObject, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [BetterLoot] No stacked LootContainer found.
    [BetterLoot] Internals have been updated. Populated '871' supported containers.
    Installed better Loot - no other loot program installed and get this error.

6. Why does it spawn so much of everything?? Like 40 spings and 30 pipes. The values in the LootTable.json are percentages correct?

7. no, example: "metalspring": 40, is a range of a item from 1 to 40. it can spawn 2 or 23 or 39 etc.

8. Oh... Gotcha

9. Does anyone have a decent loot table for a modded server please share I Hate editing and copying

10. Does this plugin override the new loot spawn system that splits the map into tiers (level 1 for noobs, level 2 for intermediate, level 3 for advanced)?

11. It simply does not know that such a thing would ever exist ;)

12. THIS is how loot tables should have been done from the start. IF facepunch reads these forums you seriously need to incorporate a lot of these ideas.

13. At current game state, the loot gets not yet changed/balanced by anything "Tier"-like ;)
    Only the map got so far divided into zones....

14. How do I go about adding random blueprints to barrels/crates? I tried adding "BlueprintBase" to loot table, but ti gave me a blank blueprint? .... lol

15. How do I make barrels drop more scrap? And drop better amount of components, since I want them to drop good as it's a 5x server.

16. I need help customizing my cfg to make it more like a 3x server i dont know how to do that can anyone help me

17. Como eu mudo o tempo para o barril gerar?

18. you need to have a multiplier plugin like "gatherManger"
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510546634][/DOUBLEPOST]
    is there a way to sort out the loot by: purple boxes, green boxes, and regular brown crates?

also im noticing a lot of repetitive loot in the barrels and crates. i.e. burnt meat, bones, etc. there will be maybe 15 items that you always see and the rest of the loot table isn't see unless you loot for hours. I've literally looted for 3 hours non-stop (test server). I added multiple lines of the same loot just to help balance out the same pieces being seen. The 15 isn't an exact number just a rough guess. I basically have the full loot table under both barrels and crates. The only difference is one gives more than the other. ie. barrels ==> "sheet metal": 50, verses crates ==> "sheet metal": 5,.

I made sure there were no spaces after the xx, (just in case). it should read everything between { and } ?

the RARE table is EXTREMELY rare. (probably what you intended?)

19. How do I make stuff spawn more rare like I put a rocket in a box how do I make it spawn rare in the box

20. Will putting it in the rare section for boxes and airdrops too
    [DOUBLEPOST=1510588031][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Will putting it in the rare section for boxes and airdrops too and what are like the numbers for next to it