BetterLoot

Moved

Total Downloads: 42,620 - First Release: Feb 26, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 20, 2018

4.95699/5, 93 likes
  1. I'm seeing supply signals, camera and targeting computers in way too many loot boxes. (Rarity is 4).

2. The spawn change for any item with high rarity does increase and also decrease with the overall amount of possible items in the list, and also by the configured itemslots for the container type.

3. I understand that but we already had them configured prior to this update. After checking up to 12 creates, I discovered one of those items in 9/12 of them. I've just removed them from loot table for now as it doesn't' seem right.

4. The latest update should not have changed anything related to Rarity in relation to BetterLoot.

5. Installed this yesterday to just spawn more components in crates but instdead by default it spams fishes and other shit in barrels. :D
    It is ok but are there any default config to do what I wanted with this plugin?

6. Thats the default example for Barrels:
    Code:
      "ItemListBarrels": {
        "antiradpills": 5,
        "apple": 10,
        "black.raspberries": 10,
        "bleach": 5,
        "blueberries": 10,
        "can.beans": 10,
        "can.tuna": 10,
        "candycane": 10,
        "chocholate": 10,
        "ducttape": 5,
        "gears": 5,
        "glue": 5,
        "granolabar": 10,
        "clone.hemp": 10,
        "largemedkit": 5,
        "metalblade": 5,
        "metalpipe": 5,
        "fish.minnows": 10,
        "mushroom": 10,
        "propanetank": 5,
        "pumpkin": 10,
        "clone.pumpkin": 10,
        "riflebody": 5,
        "roadsigns": 5,
        "rope": 5,
        "semibody": 5,
        "sewingkit": 5,
        "sheetmetal": 5,
        "fish.troutsmall": 10,
        "smallwaterbottle": 10,
        "smgbody": 5,
        "metalspring": 5,
        "sticks": 5,
        "syringe.medical": 5,
        "tarp": 5,
        "techparts": 5,
        "waterjug": 10
      },
    Simply edit these lists to your needs. The plugin cannot reads minds to decide whats in and whats not. Sounds logic, or? ;)

7. i can't figure it out how to set the loots

i would like to set the loot to each kind of barrel and crate.

for example i want to set the normal crate with a choice of loot list,the guns(military) crate another choice,the heli crate another choice,supply drop another choice.

An example of LootTable.json or cfg would be verry helpfull

8. So i just recently put in this plugin to my server and after i did the custom tables and everything crates seem to have become extremely rare. Landmarks are no longer spawning any crates and they are extremely rare to find out in the wild. Just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this or if this is intended.

9. How do I remove rifle bodies and smg bodies and add those to only military crates but keep semi bodies in crates/barrels for the better loot plugin I just cant seem to figure it out o-o

10. maybe i didn't make my self verry clear....
    in fact i dont know how to create lines like "ItemListBarrels":{ itemlist}

i think i need something like this "ItemListHeliCrate":{ itemlist}
    "ItemListSupplyDrop":{ itemlist}
    is it somethink like this or....?

11. Not supported by BL.
    Nope, the plugin would not use/read that.

12. I'm having an issue with crates not spawning on my server with the BetterLoot plugin and I do not know what is happening with it. If someone could help please and thanks!

13. How would you go about creating isolated loot tables for the different crates? I'm trying to have a separate loot table for "crate_tools".

14. So boxes don't seem to be spawning in radtowns for some reason, is there a reason for that or is something wrong?

15. Thats a common Rust issue it seems. But BL does not control and cannot control the loot spawns.

16. how can I move rifles bodies to only mil crates and let only semi bodies be in the barrels cause I cant find out how to do that on here..

17. It does only support two different lists, these are bound to all common barrel types and to all common crate types.

18. Has anyone ever created a set of loot tables that emulate vanilla?

I want to make vanilla times 2 and it is hard for me only because I do not know what vanilla would look like in these tables. The only way I know if is to not have the mod installed and simply go around and empty a bunch of containers of the types i have and record what I get and then try and set the values to that times 2. This is very time consuming.

Anyone got any easier thoughts or methods?

Anyone successfully build a vanilla loot table?

Also for @Fujikura I think another way this mod COULD work is if the mod had the option of simple multiplication tables like below:

Using same multiplier for all barrel type containers for 5 times vanilla loot:
    BetterLoot.json
    "Barrel": {
    "barrelTypes": "loot-barrel|loot_barrel|loot_trash",
    "enableBarrels": true,
    "randomAmountBarrels": true,
    "maxItemsPerBarrel": 8,
    "minItemsPerBarrel": 5,
    "simpleMultplier": 5,
    "refreshBarrels": true
    },

Using individual multiplier for containers for 8 times vanilla loot:
    BetterLoot.json
    "Barrel": {
    "barrelTypes": "loot-barrel|loot_barrel|loot_trash",
    "enableBarrels": true,
    "randomAmountBarrels": true,
    "maxItemsPerBarrel": 8,
    "minItemsPerBarrel": 5,
    "simpleMultplier": 1,
    "refreshBarrels": true
    },

{

LootTable.json
    "ItemListBarrels": {
    "simpleMultplier": 8
    }

1. i edit the supplydrop.json for my x1000 server i throw supply signal down and i get all basic stuff in the supply drop but i removed the basic stuff from supplydrop.json

Attached Files:

19. Code:
      "SupplyDrop": {
        "includeSupplyDrop": false, /// << needs to be true