BetterLoot

Moved

Total Downloads: 42,622 - First Release: Feb 26, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 20, 2018

4.95699/5, 93 likes
  1. Hey,
    If you're getting an error like that I'd say at least one of your config files has an error in it.

If you can't figure it out, I'd remove them all and let the plugin generate fresh ones, then copy your info in as required.

2. I just updated it but still get same error

3. Taken a look... Both your LootTables files have commas on the final item. This is invalid as the plugin then expects to see another item. On all plugins, the last line has no comma.

EDIT: I don't use BetterLoot (because I use AlphaLoot), but your config files seem very short for some reason. Are you sure they're complete?

Attached Files:

4. See didn't know that thank you so much for the help I appreciate the feedback and support :)

5. No worries, let me know if it's still not working... I'm not sure your config files are complete tbh but I can't be certain unless I download the plugin and verify it.

6. Length looks about right but you're also missing a { at the start of loottable.json.

{
    "ItemListBarrels": { <-----
    "apple": 10,
    "black.raspberries": 10,
    "blueberries": 10,.........

I use json validator online if I'm running into odd issues. Usually it throws up some error.
    Most basic code editors will give you some clue, too. Mine threw a red line under "apple":10 which made me notice the missing bracket.

7. Great spot sir, I missed that myself.

8. Thank the lovely people at Komodo Edit. :p

9. Yes! A Sweaty Womble and Steenamaroo. I didn't receive the error when i tried to reload the plugin. My thanks to both of you.

10. Hey, since you fellas are here - Are either of you finding Rope to be very rare?
    I was getting this before today's update. I've since set rope rarity to 1 (common) but it's still comparatively rare.

I only really noticed because it seems like every barrel has rope on vanilla.

11. That's actually a known bug on Rust. Components are far too common. I use AlphaLoot anyway, which is the premium version of this, along with an extensive list of custom loot items.

The more items you define in the loot tables, the less likely you are to see Rope appear, if you have a smaller list, you'll see it a lot more.

12. Ah, I suspected that might be the case. Thanks man.
    I'll play with maybe setting everything to a certain rarity and rope to a more common setting?

Thanks again.

13. Yeah, setting rope to be more common than most (if not all) of the other items defined will help Rope spawn more frequently.

14. I been finding rope more with the loot crates being bigger which might help im not sure i keep finding rope but it might just be how i ahve my loot setup

15. Thanks fellas. :)

16. Sure, um actually is there a way to set how much ammunition comes out of the barrels and crates cause im only getting 2 or 1 bullet. would like to change that if possible.

17. Change the numbers in the LootTable to a higher value...

"ammo.pistol": 100,
    "ammo.pistol.hv": 60,
    "ammo.pistol.fire": 22,
    "ammo.rifle": 300,
    "ammo.rifle.explosive": 60,
    "ammo.rifle.hv": 160,
    "ammo.rifle.incendiary": 40
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Example... Put however much you want.

18. Yeah, the numbers in the loot tables are stack size numbers.
    I think, but I'm not sure, the stack size will be random within that range.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484688560][/DOUBLEPOST]Oops..overlapped there.

19. Ah okay thank you! i thought the number was for how rare it would drop thats why i was confused

20. I think item rarities list is found within NamesList.json... Could be wrong though.

EDIT: I am wrong. Rarities is actually found in the main BetterLoot.json config file.