1. skyx700

skyx700 Naked Wanderer

I would definitely start renting a server from here if i could afford it.

2. SubtleSara

SubtleSara Shack Builder

Just to recap my server host experiences, Gameservers = GIANT NOPE DON'T NEVER EVER.

SurvivalServers = meh, support takes too long to reply (up to 12 hours), doesn't have machines to meet my needs, otherwise an OK service, just not for me.

Am going with NFO now, free 2 day trial, 2 minute reply from support, a nice control panel for noob and experienced owners alike, Dual Intel Xeon E5-2667v3 (Haswell 3.2ghz) node with 16 total processor cores and 128 gigabytes of RAM can run almost 70 plugins without crashing or lag for $50 a month. A little spendy, but for what I've been through with other hosts, it's worth it.

3. Kappasaurus

Kappasaurus Shotgun Ace Plugin Developer

Can you link me this NFO server with 128gb of ram for $50/mo?

4. SubtleSara

SubtleSara Shack Builder

5. odies

odies Naked Wanderer

Soyoustast is a s*uck! Servers with many problems, support too s*ck. Moved on Game servers | Dedicated Servers - OVH
    Yes, price is hight, but never lag, access to firewall settings, top hardware. I'm use i7 7600K, 64 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD. It's best of my choise, after 13 game server provides

6. SubtleSara

SubtleSara Shack Builder

13 game server providers?!?! Holy crap. You been with NFO yet? Curious for any input about them.

7. Mitchel-256

Mitchel-256 Naked Wanderer

Currently, Nitrous Networks isn't giving me a hard time, even though the control panel is pretty basic.

I would also like to personally eternally condemn ViLayer to hell. Terrible customer service, no way to contact them, and I tried to shut down a Gmod server with them around half a year ago, but they never, ever responded. I eventually had to find a way to completely cut off their access to billing me on PayPal, and I have around $200 with them in credit that I'll never get back, which is basically just money they overcharged me, and they're offering to let it pay for my servers, even though they still charged more each billing cycle.

They're greedy, slow, and awful. Do not recommend.

8. lew

lew Naked Wanderer

We're pretty new to the rust hosting scene but we're pretty confident we can sort out a solid hosting environment for any variation of rust servers, check our rust servers here if you're interested... Shoot me an email at lewis@crident.com if you'd like a little trial period :)

9. HEXIAOCHUAN

HEXIAOCHUAN Scavenger

how about aws... or azure?

10. barcos

barcos Scavenger

Rustserver.es test they have options to measure and have them in Spain and in Europe and are dedicated

11. Devander

Devander Scavenger

Survival Servers currently has an issue with all of their Rust servers that you can't use skins, been that way for months, so be careful going with them for now!

clamchowder1314 likes this.
  12. Robo2929

Robo2929 Shack Builder

13. Ryan

Ryan Master Researcher Plugin Developer

You realise so you start is OVH? It's a sister company
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 6, 2017 ---

What you need for Rust / Unity server hosting
    • High clock speed processors - Rust / Unity are single threaded so they are not able to make use of a lot of cores most server providers think Rust can make use of. Rust server performance is easily judged on server fps (server.fps console command), high clock speed processors 4.0gh/z+ can allow servers to run on FPS upwards of 1,000.
    • High frequency ram, this applies to most game server hosting and most games in general.
    • SSD storage, in 2017 it isn't often you see a server without SSD storage. But in the case you do not have an SSD you should most definitely look to upgrading to one in some way or another. SSDs allow you to update quicker, save maps quicker and have very minimal chances of failing.
    • DDOS protection, all game servers are prone to be DDOS'd at some point if you are successful. The most common causes for ddos's are salty players, or server competition. Rust game server ddos'ing is one of the most common games to get servers ddos'd (along with minecraft) so please prioritise ddos protection in your server hosting hunt. OVH has the best publicly available ddos protection, so if you're looking at dedicated options they are 100% the best bet.

Best shared hosts

• Ketzen (US / NA / EU based) - (resell ovh game server space), high clock speed cpus, high freq ram, ssd storage, game firewall ddos protection, hardly any restrictions
    • NFO (US/ NA / EU based) - have brilliant support, amazing ddos protection for shared hosts, automation of updating both steam files and oxide files, hardly any restrictions
    Best dedicated hosts
    • OVH (EU / NA based) , high clock speed cpus, high freq ram, ssds, aprox 480gbps ddos protection (2 years of ddos's never taken down), also CHEAP.
    • NFO (US / NA / EU based), quite expensive, aprox 50-100 gbps ddos protection (not as good as ovh), quick routing time for server listings, slower cpu clock speeds, slower freq ram, hdds and ssd options.
    • Reliablesite (US / NA based) - High clock speed cpus, high freq ram, ssds and hdds, cheap, 50gbps ddos protection free, up to 150gbps protection with extra fees.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  14. TruxDeadnitro

TruxDeadnitro Wood Hoarder

people just go to Home - Host Havoc I know they are likly expensfive as fuck I know but this host is one of the most pro host over the world,
    I'm using this host now for almost 6 years for al my game servers and I Can say they are good at they job with server hosting,
    You can host here any game servers that you want ark rust hurtworld etc etc so if you're looking for an good host with 24/7 uptime choose them I promise you you wont get regrest from it

15. Ryan

Ryan Master Researcher Plugin Developer

Hosts like that aren't reliable at all, their support will most likely be good. But the hardware and ddos protection they offer is simply never good enough for Rust server hosting.